Student BYO iPad Use Agreement Contract (Years 3, 4, 5, 6)
1. I understand it is recommended that I bring my personal iPad to school each day inside its case/cover.
2. I will ensure my iPad is charged and ready to use at the beginning of each school day.
3. I will hold the iPad with two hands when carrying it and will walk with it at all times.
4. I will ensure my iPad is kept in my school bag on my trip to and from school.
5. I will keep food and drinks away from my iPad at school.
6. I will immediately report any accidents or breakages to my parents and teachers.
7. I will only take photos and record sound and video when granted permission by my teacher.
8. I will follow all staff directions in relation to the use of my iPad.
1. I will use my iPad only to support my school learning program whilst at Tallebudgera State School.
2. I permit school staff and parents to perform checks to monitor that I have not installed illegal / unsuitable software and content and to check the websites that I visit. I understand there will be consequences for inappropriate use including, but not limited to, loss of privilege of using the iPad for a period of time.
3. I will ensure there is adequate free storage available on my device for classroom use. Social networking apps are not permitted and only appropriate pictures and videos are to be stored on the device.
4. I am responsible to ensure my iPad is backed up.
Safety and Security
1. Whilst at school, I will only connect my iPad to DET’s filtered Internet service (iDET network), Education Queensland’s Managed Internet Service only. When devices are used at home, parents are advised to monitor student online activity.
2. Whilst at school, I will only go to websites at school that support my learning activities.
3. I will only use my school email account for mail related to my learning.
4. Electronic messaging, communications and file transfer may be used for educational purposes only, under the direction of my teacher.
5. I will not reveal names, personal details or images of myself or others, online or in electronic communication unless it is safe and I am authorised to do so (parents and students are encouraged to visit the government eSafety site at xxxxx://xxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.xx/ and discuss online safety and privacy).
6. I will only take photos and record sound and video when granted permission by my teacher.
7. The school name, crest or uniform must not be used in any way which would result in a negative impact for the school and its community. I will not post photos, audio or video of such online.
8. I will use my iPad lawfully and in accordance with the BYOD Participation and Connectivity Form guidelines regarding ethical use of equipment, technology, use of legal software, use of the Internet and the protection of personal data.
9. For security reasons, I am not to share account names and passwords with anyone unless requested by
Tallebudgera State School staff when servicing the iPad.
10. I am responsible for the security and use of my iPad while at Tallebudgera State School.
I understand the Tallebudgera SS BYOD Participation and Connectivity Request Form, above Student ICT Use Agreement and the Tallebudgera SS Responsible Behaviour Plan for Students/ Student Code of Conduct.
I agree to abide by the guidelines outlined in these documents.
I am aware that non-compliance or irresponsible behaviour will result in consequences determined by the school. Name of Student: Student Signature:
Name of Parent: Parent Signature:
Year: Date: Class: