Tolerance definition

Tolerance means a state of adaptation in which exposure to a drug induces changes that result in a diminution of one or more of the drug’s effects over time.
Tolerance means a physiological state resulting from regular use of a drug in which an increased dosage is needed to produce a specific effect, or a reduced effect is observed with a constant dose over time. Tolerance may or may not be evident during opioid treatment and does not equate with addiction. “Undertreatment of pain” means the failure to properly assess, treat and manage pain or the failure
Tolerance means the maximum amount of a pesticide residue, as established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, that may lawfully remain on or in food or animal feed.

Examples of Tolerance in a sentence

  • Compliance with Laws and Xxxxx’s Zero Harassment Tolerance Policy.


More Definitions of Tolerance

Tolerance means a physiological state resulting from regular use of a drug in which an increased dosage is needed to produce a specific effect, or a reduced effect is observed with a constant dose over time. Tolerance may or may not be evident during opioid treatment and does not equate with addiction.
Tolerance means the interval in which 95 per cent of a set of recorded values of a certain quantity shall lie, with the remaining 5 per cent of the recorded values deviating from the tolerance interval only due to measurement variability. The specified recording frequencies and time intervals shall be used to determine if a quantity is within the applicable tolerance. For parameters not subject to measurement variability, tolerance means an absolute allowable range;
Tolerance means the physiologic state resulting from regular use of a drug in which an increased dosage is needed to produce the same effect or a reduced effect is observed with a constant dose. Controlled dangerous substance tolerance refers to the need to increase the dose of the drug to achieve the same level of analgesia. Controlled dangerous substance tolerance may or may not be evident during controlled dangerous substance treatment.(Added by Act 698 of 2004 Legislature)
Tolerance means a level of pesticide residue in or on food that the Environmental Protection Agency has determined with reasonable certainty will not pose a hazard to public health when used in accordance with label directions.
Tolerance means, in respect of a Prescribed Limit, a range either side of that level or value, expressed in the same unit of measurement as the Prescribed Limit.
Tolerance means the allowable deviation from any percentage, fraction, or rate of occurrence stated on the label of a lot of seed. Tolerance is based on the law of normal variation from a mean.
Tolerance means a state of adaptation in which exposure to a substance induces changes that result in a diminution of one or more of the substance’s effects over time.