Information and Communication Technology (ICT) includes the use of computers, the college network, to the Internet, digital/video cameras and scanners.
At John Butler Primary College computers are used to enhance teaching and learning in several ways: For communicating with other people, for publishing students’ work, for research and learning basic skills.
In an effort to develop a responsible attitude within our students when using computers and other electronic equipment, an agreement outlining some basic rules has been created. This agreement is a promise to behave courteously, cooperatively and appropriately in all situations when using electronic equipment.
Teachers will discuss the rules outlined but we would appreciate your support in discussing them further with your child. Students and parents may sign the agreement then return it to college to be signed by the teacher. Students will be permitted to use computers in the college once this agreement has been signed and returned.
(Note: while every reasonable effort is made by schools and the Department of Education and Training to prevent student exposure to inappropriate online content when using the Department’s Online Services, it is not possible to completely eliminate the risk of such exposure. The Department cannot filter Internet content accessed by your child from home or from other locations away from school. The Department recommends the use of appropriate Internet filtering software.)
Thank you for your cooperation. Mr Brett Lewis
The agreement we follow at John Butler Primary College when using computers are:
1. When I am using the electronic equipment, I will do the task set by the teacher
2. I will work co-operatively when I am using any electronic device.
4. I will take care of the college’s electronic equipment and related software
5. I will follow the teacher’s instructions while using any electronic equipment.
6. I will log off the device when I have finished my work.
7. I will shut down the device if I am the last user of the day.
8. I will keep my password to myself, and not seek the passwords of others.
9. I will not give out my name, phone number, address, name of college, photographs or other details about myself to others without checking with my teacher first.
10. I will not log on to another person’s account or let someone else log onto mine.
11. I will only work on my own work and store work in my folder/file.
12. I will make sure I understand any message on device before I move to the next screen.
13. I will not use the college electronic equipment to be mean, rude or unkind about other people.
15. I will only use work from the internet if I have asked the teacher.
If I break any of these rules, then I will be unable to use any electronic devices at
college for a specified time. I will need to re-negotiate how I use these devices responsibly at college. We have read this policy and agree to abide by the conditions and consequences outlined within.