PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY OFFERING IT HARDWARE TO Hewlett Packard Enterprise FOR RECYCLING, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
a. Receipt of HPE-brand IT Hardware dropped-off at or shipped to a Hewlett Packard Enterprise partner recycling facility.
b. Recycling free of charge for HPE-brand and similar server, storage, and enterprise networking hardware wherever feasible (varies by country, see also “2. Services that may incur a charge”).
c. Certificate of Destruction (CoD) if required by the Customer.
2. Services that may incur a charge:
a. Pick-up and transportation of IT Hardware from Customer’s facility to an HPE partner recycling facility.
b. Packaging support, only available if HPE is also providing pick-up and transportation service.
c. Recycling of some product types in some countries may incur a charge, and if applicable will be quoted to the Customer based on the actual request placed.
d. Serial number reporting.
If the Customer’s order would incur a charge, HPE or HPE’s service provider will issue a written price quotation for approval before service is initiated. Additional payment information may be required and additional terms and conditions may apply. Payment arrangements are communicated and addressed between Customer and Customer’s HPE sales or account representative.
• Customer will ensure that equipment picked-up/dropped-off is only Eligible IT Hardware shown in Table 1 and no other products.
Table 1. Eligible IT Hardware
Computers, personal (CPUs, notebooks, UNIX® workstations, or similar)
Monitors, LCD, or LED type (no Cathode Ray Tube/“CRT” monitors unless written approval is provided by HPE)
Networking gear (hubs, routers, switches)
Phones (desktop, conference room or mobile only; no telecom transformer units)
Printers and multi-function (no large-format/specialty printers such as plotters, blueprint machines, printing presses unless free of all printing fluids)
Servers (small scale and rack-mount)
Storage hardware (excluding removable media such as tapes, disks, and diskettes—remove and retain these items)
UPSs (Uninterruptible Power Supplies)
Components of Eligible IT Hardware, when in a shipment of other Eligible IT Hardware, and excluding all loose (uninstalled) batteries, lamps, mercury relays, and printing fluids and other printing consumables
• Customer will ensure that the IT Hardware picked-up/dropped-off, including quantity and type, match the description contained in Customer’s service request.
• Customer is responsible for the deletion of all confidential data that may be contained within the IT Hardware, and Customer shall remove and exclude any tapes, diskettes, thumb drives, or other removable media. Customer acknowledges that Hewlett Packard Enterprise will not be in any way responsible for confidential data that is not removed.
• Customer acknowledges that Hewlett Packard Enterprise will not return units once they have been picked-up/dropped-off.
• Customer will be responsible for any costs incurred if incorrect material is shipped to or otherwise released to HPE or HPE’s service providers.
• In case Customer is requesting pick-up:
– Customer will provide a representative on-site (“shipping site contact” or “pick-up site contact”) on the day of the pick-up to direct HPE’s service provider to the IT Hardware intended for recycling, and to ensure that only correct material is shipped.
– Customer will take care that the IT Hardware is ready and available for pick-up on the date agreed upon by the Customer and HPE’s service provider.
– Customer will centrally consolidate the IT Hardware needing to be recycled at a ground floor location, close to a loading area.
– Customer will ensure that the pick-up vehicle can be parked at the loading area and will address all site access issues in advance.
– Unless Customer is purchasing packaging support service, Customer will ensure that the IT Hardware is in movable condition and in containers, packages or packaging that is sound and adequate to prevent contents from being spilled or lost during normal shipping conditions. All containers, packages, and packaging must be securely fastened to pallets. Pallet exception #1: Rack-type servers on serviceable wheels may be shipped without a pallet so long as they are shrink-wrapped to prevent loss of components during normal shipping conditions. Pallet exception #2: If shipping only a small, less-than-pallet quantity of IT Hardware in boxes, then a pallet is not required.
– Although reasonable measures will be taken to provide secured transportation, HPE cannot be held liable for unexpected equipment loss during transportation.
• Customer will ensure that IT Hardware is free from contamination by chemicals, biological agents, or other substances that are not integral to the original new equipment or otherwise associated with normal office environments.