Fencing Agreement For A Swimming Pool Permit
PERMIT #: DATE: PROPERTY ADDRESS:
WHAT FOLLOWS ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR FENCES AROUND POOLS. BY SIGNING THIS YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE
REQIREMENTS AND RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS AND WILL COMPLY WITH THEM BEFORE ADDING WATER TO YOUR POOL.
COMMON TO ALL SWIMMING POOLS:
1. The fence shall be of the non-climbing type, so as not to be penetrable by toddlers and afford no external handholds or footholds.
2. The bottom of the fence shall be no higher than four inches (4”) above grade at any given point.
3. All fence openings or points of entry into the pool area enclosure shall be equipped with self-closing and self- latching gates. The self-latching device must be placed at the top of the gate or so it is inaccessible to small children.
4. Fences must be setback from the swimming pool a distance equal to or greater than the height of any above- ground swimming pool.
5. Required fencing must be located on top or a minimum of four feet from the edge of any retaining wall when the pool is lower than the retaining wall.
6. Fences shall be constructed in a workmanlike manner and of cut lumber, brick, fieldstone, wrought iron, maintenance free PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride), Chain link (with a minimum thickness of gauge 11 and a required top rail support), stockade or board-on-board wood. Barbed wire and temporary mesh fencing shall not be per- mitted.
7. All fences shall be constructed of steel or wood posts properly supported and braced by top rails that shall be located on the inside of the fence.
1. Construction Fence. A construction fence shall completely enclose any in-ground pool prior to the erection of a permanent fence described in §155.054 (D). The construction fence shall be a minimum of six feet (6’) in height, made of snow fence or similar design and be securely anchored in place with its base flush to the ground. It must have supportive posts placed no more than eight feet (8’) apart and remain in place until a per- manent fence completely enclosing the swimming pool is installed. No swimming pool, even though containing water for construction purposes, shall be occupied or used at anytime prior to the installation of a permanent fence.
2. In-ground Pools. A fence at least six feet (6’) in height shall completely enclose any in-ground swimming pool.
3. Above-ground Pools. A fence at least four feet (4’) in height shall completely enclose any above-ground swimming pool.
4. Above-ground Pools with Accessory Decks. If an accessory deck is constructed within three feet (3’) of any part of the above-ground swimming pool, the deck shall be required to include a minimum 36 inch (36”) high guard rail. The guard rail shall be constructed so no space within it is wider than four inches (4”). All openings or points of entry into the above-ground pool shall be equipped with self-closing and self-latching gates.
1. Conduct. The conduct of persons and the operation of pools is the responsibility of the owner or the ten- ant thereof, and such conduct of persons and operation of the pool shall be done in such a manner so as to avoid any nuisance or breach of peace, and it shall be unlawful to allow loud noise to go beyond the xxxxxx- xxxx of the property upon which the pool is located to adjacent property.
2. Drainage. All back flushing water or pool drainage water shall be directed onto the property of the owner or onto approved drainage ways, such as street curb, ditches, storm sewers and storm water ponds.
0.Xxxxxxxx. Any outdoor lighting of the pool may not spill or shine upon adjacent properties. For all under- ground pool lights and above-ground plug in motors, compliance with Electrical Code is required.
Type of Pool Being Installed: Type of Fence Being Installed:
Signature of Owner: Date:
FENCES FOR SWIMMING POOLS:
The figures below illustrate various options of fencing required for swimming pools:
IF HORIZONTAL MEMBERS ARE LESS THAN 48 INCHES APART, VERTICAL SPACING SHALL NOT EXCEED 1¾ INCHES.
IF HORIZONTAL MEMBERS ARE EQUAL TO OR MORE THAN 48 INCHES APART, VERTICAL SPACING SHALL NOT EXCEED 4 INCHES.
1¼ INCH SQUARE MESH (MINI-MESH) IS REQUIRED AROUND ALL IN-GROUND POOLS. STANDARD CHAINLINK FENCING IS PERMITTED FOR ABOVE-GROUND POOLS.
WOOD-BOARD ON BOARD FENCE
│◄──Equal to or ──►│
more than 48”