This Second Amendment to Lease
dated October 1, 2001 is executed by and between Syufy
Enterprises, a California limited partnership, hereinafter called Landlord, and Century Theatres,
Inc., a Delaware corporation, hereinafter called Tenant.
WHEREAS, Landlord and Century Theatres of California, Inc., entered into an Indenture of Lease
on September 30, 1995, hereinafter referred to as the Lease
, for land and a theatre building
located in Citrus Heights, California, and
WHEREAS, Landlord and Tenant entered into that certain First Amendment to Lease
September 1, 2000, and
WHEREAS, the parties hereto desire to amend said Lease
as hereinafter provided,
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties hereto mutually agree that the Lease
shall be amended as follows:
1. Tenant shall be allowed to demolish the existing Theatre Building and Improvements.
Tenant shall be responsible for all costs of the demolition and removal of debris.
2. Tenant shall be allowed to re-develop the Entire Premises in order to construct a new
multi-screen theater complex and provide for surface parking in connection therewith. Tenant shall
be responsible for all costs to re-develop the property for Tenants use.
3. The term Lease
d Premises as defined in Section 1.02 Definitions in Article I of the
shall be deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following definition:
The term Lease
d Premises shall mean Tenants Building and the land adjacent
thereto as described in Exhibit A and as shown on Exhibit B, and the rights,
easements and privileges granted to Tenant in the Lease.
4. Section 2.01 of the Lease shall be deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
Landlord leases to Tenant and Tenant leases from Landlord, the Entire Premises,
upon the terms and conditions contained herein.
5. Section 14.06 Partial Taking Option to Terminate shall be amended by deleting the
phrase if more than thirty percent (30%) of the Building or.
6. Section 7.01 (C) of the Lease shall be deleted in its entirety.
7. Section 9.01 of the Lease shall be deleted in its entirety.
8. Section 9.04 (B) of the Lease shall be deleted in its entirety.
9. Section 7.02 of the Lease shall be amended by deleting the parenthetical phrases
(exclusive of Landlords Buildings) and by deleting the reference to the Common Area.
10. This Amendment shall be effective on the date first set forth above.
11. All other conditions and provisions of the Lease shall remain in effect.
Executed as of the date first written above.
SYUFY ENTERPRISES, L.P.
||CENTURY THEATRES, INC.
/s/ Alan Steuer
||/s/ Raymond W. Syufy
By: Alan Steuer
||By: Raymond W. Syufy