970 West Broadway, PMB 402
Jackson, Wyoming 83001
Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
388 Greenwich Street
|Re:||Initial Public Offering|
This letter is being delivered to you in accordance with the Underwriting Agreement (the Underwriting Agreement) entered into by and between Triplecrown Acquisition Corp., a Delaware corporation (the Company), and Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as Representative (the Representative) of the several Underwriters named in Schedule I thereto (the Underwriters), relating to an underwritten initial public offering (the IPO) of the Companys units (the Units), each comprised of one share of the Companys common stock, par value $0.0001 per share (the Common Stock), and one warrant, each warrant exercisable for one share of Common Stock (each, a Warrant). Certain capitalized terms used herein are defined in paragraph 15 hereof.
In order to induce the Company and the Underwriters to enter into the Underwriting Agreement and to proceed with the IPO, and in recognition of the benefit that such IPO will confer upon the undersigned as a stockholder of the Company, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the undersigned hereby agrees with the Company as follows:
1. If the Company solicits approval of its stockholders of a Business Combination, the undersigned will (i) vote all shares of Founders Common Stock beneficially owned by him, her or it in accordance with the majority of the votes cast by the holders of the IPO Shares and (ii) vote all other shares of the Companys Common Stock that may be beneficially acquired by him, her or it in the IPO, any private placement or in the aftermarket in favor of such Business Combination.
2. In the event that the Company fails to consummate a Business Combination within 24 months from the effective date (Effective Date) of the registration statement relating to the IPO, the undersigned will, as promptly as possible, (i) cause the Trust Fund to be liquidated and distributed to the holders of IPO Shares and (ii) cause the Company to liquidate as soon as reasonably practicable. The undersigned hereby waives any and all right, title, interest or claim of any kind in or to any distribution of the Trust Fund and any remaining net assets of the Company as a result of such liquidation with respect to his shares of Founders Common Stock (Claim) and hereby waives any Claim the undersigned may have in the future as a result of, or arising out of, any contracts or agreements with the Company and will not seek recourse against the Trust Fund for any reason whatsoever. In the event of the liquidation of the Trust Fund, the undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Company against any and all loss, liability, claims, damage and expense whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any and all legal or other expenses reasonably incurred in investigating, preparing or defending against any litigation, whether pending or threatened, or any claim whatsoever) which the Company may become subject as a result of any claim by any vendor or other person who is owed money by the Company for services rendered or products sold or contracted for, or by any target business, but only to the extent necessary to ensure that such loss, liability, claim, damage or expense does not reduce the amount of funds in the Trust Fund and only if such a vendor or prospective target business does not execute an agreement waiving any claims against the Trust Fund. The undersigned acknowledges and agrees that there will be no distribution from the Trust Fund with respect to any warrants, all rights of which will terminate on the Companys liquidation.
3. In order to minimize potential conflicts of interest which may arise from multiple affiliations, the undersigned agrees to present to the Company for its consideration, prior to presentation to any other person or entity, any suitable opportunity to acquire an operating business in the financial services industry, until the earlier of the consummation by the Company of a Business Combination, the liquidation of the Company or until such time as the undersigned ceases to be a director or officer of the Company, subject to any pre-existing fiduciary and contractual obligations the undersigned might have.
4. The undersigned acknowledges and agrees that the Company will not consummate any Business Combination which involves a company which is affiliated with any of the Insiders.
5. Neither the undersigned, any member of the family of the undersigned, nor any affiliate of the undersigned will be entitled to receive and will not accept any compensation for services rendered to the Company prior to or in connection with the consummation of the Business Combination; provided that the undersigned shall be entitled to reimbursement from the Company for their out-of-pocket expenses incurred in connection with seeking and consummating a Business Combination.
6. Neither the undersigned, any member of the family of the undersigned, nor any affiliate of the undersigned will be entitled to receive or accept a finders fee or any other compensation in the event the undersigned, any member of the family of the undersigned or any affiliate of the undersigned originates a Business Combination.
7. The undersigned will escrow all of his shares and warrants comprising the Founders Units until one year after the consummation by the Company of a Business Combination subject to the terms of a Securities Escrow Agreement which the Company will enter into with the undersigned and an escrow agent acceptable to the Company.
8. The undersigned agrees that he will not transfer or sell any Sponsors Warrants he holds until the Company consummates a Business Combination.
9. The undersigned agrees to be the Chairman of the Board and Treasurer of the Company until the earlier of the consummation by the Company of a Business Combination or the liquidation of the Company. The undersigneds biographical information furnished to the Company and Citigroup and attached hereto as Exhibit A is true and accurate in all respects, does not omit any material information with respect to the undersigneds background and contains all of the information required to be disclosed pursuant to Item 401 of Regulation S-K, promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933. The undersigneds FINRA Questionnaire furnished to the Company and Citigroup and annexed as Exhibit B hereto is true and accurate in all respects. The undersigned represents and warrants that:
(a) he is not subject to, or a respondent in, any legal action for, any injunction, cease-and-desist order or order or stipulation to desist or refrain from any act or practice relating to the offering of securities in any jurisdiction;
(b) he has never been convicted of or pleaded guilty to any crime (i) involving any fraud or (ii) relating to any financial transaction or handling of funds of another person, or (iii) pertaining to any dealings in any securities and he is not currently a defendant in any such criminal proceeding; and
(c) he has never been suspended or expelled from membership in any securities or commodities exchange or association or had a securities or commodities license or registration denied, suspended or revoked.
10. The undersigned has full right and power, without violating any agreement by which he is bound, to enter into this letter agreement and to serve as Chairman of the Board and Treasurer of the Company.
11. The undersigned hereby waives his right to exercise conversion rights with respect to any shares of the Companys common stock owned or to be owned by the undersigned, directly or indirectly, and agrees that he will not seek conversion with respect to such shares in connection with any vote to approve a Business Combination.
12. The undersigned hereby agrees to not propose, or vote in favor of, an amendment to the Companys Certificate of Incorporation to extend the period of time in which the Company must consummate a Business Combination prior to its liquidation. Should such a proposal be put before stockholders, the undersigned hereby agrees to vote against such proposal. This paragraph may not be modified or amended under any circumstances.
13. In the event that the Company does not consummate a Business Combination and must liquidate and its remaining net assets are insufficient to complete such liquidation, the undersigned agrees to advance such funds necessary to complete such liquidation and agrees not to seek repayment for such expenses.
14. This letter agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to conflicts of law principles that would result in the application of the substantive laws of another jurisdiction. The undersigned hereby (i) agrees that any action, proceeding or claim against him arising out of or relating in any way to this letter agreement (a Proceeding) shall be brought and enforced in the courts of the State of New York of the United States of America for the Southern District of New York, and irrevocably submits to such jurisdiction, which jurisdiction shall be exclusive, (ii) waives any objection to such exclusive jurisdiction and that such courts represent an inconvenient forum and (iii) irrevocably agrees to appoint Graubard Miller as agent for the service of process in the State of New York to receive, for the undersigned and on his behalf, service of process in any Proceeding. If for any reason such agent is unable to act as such, the undersigned will promptly notify the Company and Citigroup and appoint a substitute agent acceptable to each of the Company and Citigroup within 30 days and nothing in this letter will affect the right of either party to serve process in any other manner permitted by law.
15. As used herein, (i) a Business Combination shall mean a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition or other similar business combination with an operating business; (ii) Insiders shall mean all officers, directors and stockholders of the Company immediately prior to the IPO; (iii) Founders Common Stock shall mean all of the shares of Common Stock of the Company acquired by an Insider prior to the IPO; (iv) IPO Shares shall mean the shares of Common Stock issued in the Companys IPO; (v) Sponsors Warrants shall mean the warrants that are being sold privately by the Company simultaneously with the consummation of the IPO; (vi) Trust Fund shall mean the trust fund into which a portion of the net proceeds of the Companys IPO will be deposited; and (vii) Founders Units shall mean all the units, each consisting of one share of Common Stock and one Warrant each to purchase one share of Common Stock acquired by an Insider prior to the IPO.
16. The undersigned acknowledges and understands that the Underwriters and the Company will rely upon the agreements, representations and warranties set forth herein in proceeding with the IPO. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to render the Underwriters a representative of, or a fiduciary with respect to, the Company, its stockholders or any creditor or vendor of the Company with respect to the subject matter hereof.
17. This letter agreement shall be binding on the undersigned and such persons respective successors, heirs, personal representatives and assigns. This letter agreement shall terminate on the earlier of (i) the consummation of a Business Combination and (ii) the liquidation of the Company; provided, that such termination shall not relieve the undersigned from liability from any breach of this agreement prior to its termination.
|Eric J. Watson|
|Print Name of Insider|