GENERAL CONTRACT FOR SERVICES
This Contract for Services is made effective as of May 6, 2019, by and between Price Xxxxxxxx ("Price Xxxxxxxx") of 000 0xx Xxxxxx XX, Xxxxxxxxxx, XX 00000 and Dream Leadership Consulting ("Dream Leadership Consulting") of 0000 X. Xxx Xxxx, Xxxxxxx, Xxxxxxx 00000.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Beginning on June 13-15, 2019, Dream Leadership Consulting will provide to Price Xxxxxxxx Cultural Foundations meeting facilitation and coaching.
2. PAYMENT. Payment shall be made to Dream Leadership Consulting, Xxxxxxx, Xxxxxxx 00000. Price Xxxxxxxx agrees to pay a cost of $8,500.00 USD and all reasonable travel and hotel fees as follows:
Event and Payment Amount
$8,500.00 due by June 30st, 2019
Dream Leadership Consulting will book travel and lodging in cooperation with Price Xxxxxxxx.
Price Xxxxxxxx shall pay all costs of collection, including without limitation, reasonable attorney fees if it fails to abide by the payment terms above and Dream Leadership Consulting is not in breach of this Agreement. In addition to any other right or remedy provided by law, if Price Xxxxxxxx fails to pay for the Services when due or if Dream Leadership Consulting breaches this Agreement, both parties have the option to treat such failure to pay as a material breach of this Contract and may cancel this Contract and/or seek legal remedies.
3. TERM. This Contract will terminate automatically upon completion by Dream Leadership Consulting of the Services required by this Contract.
4. WARRANTY. Dream Leadership Consulting shall provide its services and meet its obligations under this Contract in a timely and workmanlike manner, using knowledge and recommendations for performing the services which meet generally acceptable standards in Dream Leadership Consulting's community and region, and will provide a standard of care equal to, or superior to, care used by service providers similar to Dream Leadership Consulting on similar projects.
5. DEFAULT. The occurrence of any of the following shall constitute a material default under this Contract:
a. The failure to make a required payment when due.
b. The insolvency or bankruptcy of either party.
c. The subjection of any of either party's property to any levy, seizure, general assignment for the benefit of creditors, application or sale for or by any creditor or government agency.
d. The failure to make available or deliver the Services in the time and manner provided for in this Contract.
6. REMEDIES. In addition to any and all other rights a party may have available according to law, if a party defaults by failing to substantially perform any provision, term or condition of this Contract (including without limitation the failure to make a monetary payment when due), the other party may terminate the Contract by providing written notice to the defaulting party. This notice shall describe with sufficient detail the nature of the default. The party receiving such notice shall have 30 days from the effective date of such notice to cure the default(s). Unless waived in writing by a party providing notice, the failure to cure the default(s) within such time period shall result in the automatic termination of this Contract. If Dream Leadership Consulting defaults and fails to cure, then Price Xxxxxxxx will be reimbursed all monies paid to Dream Leadership Consulting.
7. FORCE MAJEURE. If performance of this Contract or any obligation under this Contract is prevented, restricted, or interfered with by causes beyond either party's reasonable control ("Force Majeure"), and if the party unable to carry out its obligations gives the other party prompt written notice of such event, then the obligations of the party invoking this provision shall be suspended to the extent necessary by such event. The term Force Majeure shall include, without limitation, acts of God, fire, explosion, vandalism, storm or other similar occurrence, orders or acts of military or civil authority, or by national emergencies, insurrections, riots, or wars, or strikes, lock-outs, work stoppages. The excused party shall use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to avoid or remove such causes of non-performance and shall proceed to perform with reasonable dispatch whenever such causes are removed or ceased. An act or omission shall be deemed within the reasonable control of a party if committed, omitted, or caused by such party, or its employees, officers, agents, or affiliates.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure. Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation is not successful in resolving the entire dispute or is unavailable, any outstanding issues will be submitted to final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award will be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Contract contains the entire agreement of the parties, and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written concerning the subject matter of this Contract. This Contract supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
10. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Contract will be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable.
If a court finds that any provision of this Contract is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision will be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
11. AMENDMENT. This Contract may be modified or amended in writing by mutual agreement between the parties, if the writing is signed by the party obligated under the amendment.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This Contract shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona.
13. NOTICE. Any notice or communication required or permitted under this Contract shall be sufficiently given if delivered in person or by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address set forth in the opening paragraph or to such other address as one party may have furnished to the other in writing.
14. WAIVER OF CONTRACTUAL RIGHT. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Contract. As this contract is for personal services, the Agreement is not assignable to any other party without written approval from both Price Xxxxxxxx and Dream Leadership Consulting.
15. ATTORNEY'S FEES TO PREVAILING PARTY. In any action arising hereunder or any separate action pertaining to the validity of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be awarded reasonable attorney's fees and costs, both in the trial court and on appeal.
16. CONSTRUCTION AND INTERPRETATION. The rule requiring construction or interpretation against the drafter is waived. The document shall be deemed as if it were drafted by both parties in a mutual effort.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Agreement to be executed by their duly authorized representatives as of the date first above written. Xxxx Xxxxx for Price Xxxxxxxx, and Xxx Xxxxxx for Dream Leadership Consulting.
Xxxx Xxxxx Date
Service Provider: Dream Leadership Consulting
Xxx Xxxxxx Date