This is a covenant of partnership between:
A congregation in the Presbytery of Ayr in the Church of Scotland and
A congregation in Bandawe/ Nkhata Bay Presbytery in the Church of Central Africa Presbyterian.
We agree to work together in a twinning partnership to understand and support each other in our faith and works.
Our purpose is to:
• Build a positive partnership in which we can understand each other’s culture
• Share our resources and knowledge with each other in appropriate ways
• Assist in enriching the lives of our partners however possible
We will do this by:
• Praying regularly for each other’s specific needs, which we will actively identify
• Building up a variety of relationships within each congregation (or organisation, as appropriate), to include individuals (such as ministers, session clerks,) and organisations (such as Sunday Schools, Guilds, etc.). This will include regular correspondence and exchange of photographs and DVDs.
• Setting up effective communication channels, including: telephone, text, email, post, networking sites such as Facebook and, possibly, visits.
• Sharing resources with each other in appropriate and agreed ways.
• Nurturing community involvement where feasible (e.g. nursery or school relationships, orphan care, clinics, etc.)
As part of our commitment to each other, we agree to appoint a Twinning Committee (or Twinning Co-ordinator), who will be responsible for planning activities and administering this partnership.
We agree that all correspondence will be answered within agreed timescales, as set at the beginning of any specific projects entered into.
This agreement will last for an initial period of three years, after which it will be reviewed by both parties and, where appropriate, be renewed. It will be further reviewed and, if appropriate, be renewed every three years thereafter until it draws to a natural conclusion.
Congregation in the Presbytery of Ayr
(Name of Signatory)
Congregation in Bandawe/Nkhata Bay Presbytery
(Name of Signatory)