Side Letter Agreement
County of Orange & Orange County Managers Association (OCMA)
The County of Orange (County) and the Orange County Managers Association (OCMA) agree to extend the terms of the 2014-2017 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with modifications as provided below. This Agreement is effective as of the first day of the first full pay period following approval by the Board of Supervisors.
1. The term of the January 10, 2014 – December 31, 2017 Memorandum of Understanding between the County and OCMA will be extended through and including June 20, 2019.
2. Effective July 6, 2018, salaries will be increased by 1.0% (base-building/salary range movement) for all unit members.
3. Effective July 6, 2018, 1.50% will be placed into the funding pool for merit increases (P4Pt) based on performance during the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
4. The annual equity process contained in Article XX, Section 3 will be frozen only through and including June 20, 2019 (i.e., no requests submitted under this provision will be processed during the period in which it is frozen). “Freezing” the annual equity process is intended to allow for salary stability while the new classification and compensation system for the unit is in development.
5. Incorporate the side letter agreement as approved by the Board of Supervisors on September 13, 2016 amending vacation accrual provisions in Article IV into the MOU.
County of Orange: OCMA:
Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx
Chief Human Resources Officer OCMA President
Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx Xxxx XxXxxxxx
Assistant HRS Director, OCMA Executive Director Employee & Labor Relations