Corporate Copy ¨
Optionee Copy ¨
Attorney Copy ¨
CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.
STOCK OPTION AGREEMENT EARLY EXERCISE
Unless otherwise defined herein, the terms defined in Schedule A, attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference, shall have the same defined meanings in this Stock Option Agreement.
|I.||NOTICE OF STOCK OPTION GRANT|
The undersigned Optionee has been granted an Option to purchase Common Stock of the Company, subject to the terms and conditions of this Option Agreement, as follows:
|Date of Grant||January 22, 2015|
|Vesting Commencement Date||January 15, 2015|
|Exercise Price per Share||$0.29|
|Total Number of Shares Granted||63,878|
|Total Exercise Price||$18,524.62|
|Type of Option:||Non-Statutory (NSO)|
|Term/Expiration Date:||January 21, 2025|
This Option shall be exercisable, in whole or in part, according to the following vesting schedule:
The option shall vest in full on the closing of (1) a reverse merger or similar transaction between the Company and another entity whose shares are traded on a national exchange or (2) the closing of a qualified financing through the sale of equity securities of the Company resulting in gross proceeds to the Company of at least $10 million or more in a single transaction or series of related transactions (excluding shares of Series F Preferred Stock).
This Option shall be exercisable for three (3) months after Optionee ceases to be a Service Provider. Upon Optionees death or Disability, this Option may be exercised for one (1) year after Optionee ceases to be a Service Provider. In no event may Optionee exercise this Option after the Term/Expiration Date as provided above.
1. Grant of Option. The Company hereby grants to the Optionee named in the Notice of Stock Option Grant (the Optionee), an option (the Option) to purchase the number of Shares set forth in the Notice of Stock Option Grant, at the exercise price per Share set forth in the Notice of Stock Option Grant (the Exercise Price), and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. Exercise of Option. This Option shall be exercisable during its term in accordance with the provisions of Section 5 of Schedule A as follows:
(a) Right to Exercise.
(i) Subject to subsections 2(a)(ii) and 2(a)(iii) below, this Option shall be exercisable cumulatively according to the vesting schedule set forth in the Notice of Stock Option Grant. Alternatively, at the election of the Optionee, this Option may be exercised in whole or in part at any time as to Shares that have not yet vested. Vested Shares shall not be subject to the Companys repurchase right (as set forth in the Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement, attached hereto as Exhibit C-1).
(ii) As a condition to exercising this Option for unvested Shares, the Optionee shall execute the Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement.
(iii) This Option may not be exercised for a fraction of a Share.
(b) Method of Exercise. This Option shall be exercisable by delivery of an exercise notice in the form attached as Exhibit A (the Exercise Notice), which shall state the election to exercise the Option, the number of Shares with respect to which the Option is being exercised, and such other representations and agreements as may be required by the Company. The Exercise Notice shall be accompanied by payment of the aggregate Exercise Price as to all Exercised Shares. This Option shall be deemed to be exercised upon receipt by the Company of such fully executed Exercise Notice accompanied by the aggregate Exercise Price.
No Shares shall be issued pursuant to the exercise of an Option unless such issuance and such exercise comply with Applicable Laws. Assuming such compliance, for income tax purposes the Shares shall be considered transferred to the Optionee on the date on which the Option is exercised with respect to such Shares.
3. Optionees Representations. In the event the Shares have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, at the time this Option is exercised, the Optionee shall, if required by the Company, concurrently with the exercise of all or any portion of this Option, deliver to the Company his or her Investment Representation Statement in the form attached hereto as Exhibit B.
4. Lock-Up Period. Optionee hereby agrees that Optionee shall not offer, pledge, sell, contract to sell, sell any option or contract to purchase, purchase any option or contract to sell, grant any option, right or warrant to purchase, lend, or otherwise transfer or dispose of, directly or indirectly, any Common Stock (or other securities) of the Company or enter into any swap, hedging or other arrangement that transfers to another, in whole or in part, any of the economic consequences of ownership of any Common Stock (or other securities) of the Company held by Optionee (other than those included in the registration) for a period specified by the representative of the underwriters of Common Stock (or other securities) of the Company not to exceed one hundred eighty (180) days following the effective date of any registration statement of the Company filed under the Securities Act.
Optionee agrees to execute and deliver such other agreements as may be reasonably requested by the Company or the underwriter which are consistent with the foregoing or which are necessary to give further effect thereto. In addition, if requested by the Company or the representative of the underwriters of Common Stock (or other securities) of the Company, Optionee shall provide, within
ten (10) days of such request, such information as may be required by the Company or such representative in connection with the completion of any public offering of the Companys securities pursuant to a registration statement filed under the Securities Act. The obligations described in this Section shall not apply to a registration relating solely to employee benefit plans on Form S-1 or Form S-8 or similar forms that may be promulgated in the future, or a registration relating solely to a Commission Rule 145 transaction on Form S-4 or similar forms that may be promulgated in the future. The Company may impose stop-transfer instructions with respect to the shares of Common Stock (or other securities) subject to the foregoing restriction until the end of said one hundred eighty (180) day period. Optionee agrees that any transferee of the Option or shares acquired pursuant to the Option shall be bound by this Section.
5. Method of Payment. Payment of the aggregate Exercise Price shall be by any of the following, or a combination thereof, at the election of the Optionee:
(a) cash, check or promissory note;
(b) consideration received by the Company under a formal cashless exercise program adopted by the Company; or
(c) surrender of other Shares which, (i) in the case of Shares acquired from the Company, either directly or indirectly, have been owned by the Optionee for more than six (6) months on the date of surrender, and (ii) have a Fair Market Value on the date of surrender equal to the aggregate Exercise Price of the Exercised Shares.
6. Restrictions on Exercise. This Option may not be exercised if the issuance of such Shares upon such exercise or the method of payment of consideration for such shares would constitute a violation of any Applicable Law.
7. Non-Transferability of Option. This Option may not be transferred in any manner otherwise than by will or by the laws of descent or distribution or as set forth in Schedule A and may be exercised during the lifetime of Optionee only by Optionee. The terms of this Option Agreement shall be binding upon the executors, administrators, heirs, successors and assigns of the Optionee.
8. Term of Option. This Option may be exercised only within the term set out in the Notice of Stock Option Grant, and may be exercised during such term only in accordance with the terms of this Option.
9. Tax Obligations.
(a) Withholding Taxes. Optionee agrees to make appropriate arrangements with the Company (or the Parent or Subsidiary employing or retaining Optionee) for the satisfaction of all Federal, state, local and foreign income and employment tax withholding requirements applicable to the Option exercise. Optionee acknowledges and agrees that the Company may refuse to honor the exercise and refuse to deliver Shares if such withholding amounts are not delivered at the time of exercise.
10. Amendments. No modification of or amendment to this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by each of the parties.
11. Entire Agreement; Governing Law. This Option Agreement constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede in their entirety all prior undertakings and agreements of the Company and Optionee with respect to the subject matter hereof, and may not be modified adversely to the Optionees interest except by means of a writing signed by the Company and Optionee. This agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws but not the choice of law rules of California.
12. No Guarantee of Continued Service. OPTIONEE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE VESTING OF SHARES PURSUANT TO THE VESTING SCHEDULE HEREOF IS EARNED ONLY BY CONTINUING AS A SERVICE PROVIDER AT THE WILL OF THE COMPANY (NOT THROUGH THE ACT OF BEING HIRED, BEING GRANTED THIS OPTION OR ACQUIRING SHARES HEREUNDER). OPTIONEE FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THIS AGREEMENT, THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREUNDER AND THE VESTING SCHEDULE SET FORTH HEREIN DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED PROMISE OF CONTINUED ENGAGEMENT AS A SERVICE PROVIDER FOR THE VESTING PERIOD, FOR ANY PERIOD, OR AT ALL, AND SHALL NOT INTERFERE IN ANY WAY WITH OPTIONEES RIGHT OR THE COMPANYS RIGHT TO TERMINATE OPTIONEES RELATIONSHIP AS A SERVICE PROVIDER AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE.
Optionee acknowledges receipt of a copy of Schedule A and represents that he or she is familiar with the terms and provisions thereof, and hereby accepts this Option subject to all of the terms and provisions thereof. Optionee has reviewed Schedule A and this Option in their entirety, has had an opportunity to obtain the advice of counsel prior to executing this Option and fully understands all provisions of the Option. Optionee hereby agrees to accept as binding, conclusive and final all decisions or interpretations of the Company upon any questions arising under Schedule A or this Option. Optionee further agrees to notify the Company upon any change in the residence address indicated below.
|OPTIONEE:||CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.|
|Nassim Usman, Chief Executive Officer|
|260 Littlefield Avenue|
|South San Francisco, CA 94080|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Definitions. As used herein, the following definitions shall apply:
(a) Applicable Laws means the requirements relating to the administration of stock option plans under U.S. state corporate laws, U.S. federal and state securities laws, the Code, any stock exchange or quotation system on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted and the applicable laws of any other country or jurisdiction where Options are granted under this Schedule A.
(b) Board means the Board of Directors of the Company.
(c) Change in Control means the occurrence of any of the following events:
(i) Any person (as such term is used in Sections 13(d) and 14(d) of the Exchange Act) becomes the beneficial owner (as defined in Rule 13d-3 of the Exchange Act), directly or indirectly, of securities of the Company representing fifty percent (50%) or more of the total voting power represented by the Companys then outstanding voting securities; or
(ii) The consummation of the sale or disposition by the Company of all or substantially all of the Companys assets; or
(iii) The consummation of a merger or consolidation of the Company with any other corporation, other than a merger or consolidation which would result in the voting securities of the Company outstanding immediately prior thereto continuing to represent (either by remaining outstanding or by being converted into voting securities of the surviving entity or its parent) at least fifty percent (50%) of the total voting power represented by the voting securities of the Company or such surviving entity or its parent outstanding immediately after such merger or consolidation.
(d) Code means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
(e) Common Stock means the Common Stock of the Company.
(f) Company means Catalyst Biosciences, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
(g) Consultant means any person who is engaged by the Company or any Parent or Subsidiary to render consulting or advisory services to such entity.
(h) Director means a member of the Board.
(i) Disability means total and permanent disability as defined in Section 22(e)(3) of the Code.
(j) Employee means any person, including officers and Directors, employed by the Company or any Parent or Subsidiary of the Company. Neither service as a Director nor payment of a directors fee by the Company shall be sufficient to constitute employment by the Company.
(k) Exchange Act means the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
(l) Fair Market Value means, as of any date, the value of Common Stock determined as follows.
(i) If the Common Stock is listed on any established stock exchange or a national market system, including without limitation the Nasdaq National Market or The Nasdaq SmallCap Market of The Nasdaq Stock Market, its Fair Market Value shall be the closing sales price for such stock (or the closing bid, if no sales were reported) as quoted on such exchange or system on the day of determination, as reported in The Wall Street Journal or such other source as the Board deems reliable;
(ii) If the Common Stock is regularly quoted by a recognized securities dealer but selling prices are not reported, its Fair Market Value shall be the mean between the high bid and low asked prices for the Common Stock on the day of determination; or
(iii) In the absence of an established market for the Common Stock, the Fair Market Value thereof shall be determined in good faith by the Company.
(m) Nonstatutory Stock Option means an Option not intended to qualify as an incentive stock option within the meaning of Section 422 of the Code.
(n) Option means a stock option granted pursuant to this Schedule A.
(o) Option Agreement means a written or electronic agreement between the Company and an Optionee evidencing the terms and conditions of an individual Option grant. The Option Agreement is subject to the terms and conditions of this Schedule A.
(p) Optioned Stock means the Common Stock subject to an Option.
(q) Optionee means the holder of an outstanding Option granted under this Schedule A.
(r) Parent means a parent corporation, whether now or hereafter existing, as defined in Section 424(e) of the Code.
(s) Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement means a written agreement between the Company and the Optionee evidencing the terms and restrictions applying to those shares of Common Stock which have not become vested under the vesting schedule set forth in the Option Agreement. The Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement is subject to the terms and conditions of this Schedule A and the Option Agreement.
(t) Securities Act means the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
(u) Service Provider means an Employee, Director or Consultant.
(v) Share means a share of the Common Stock, as adjusted in accordance with Section 6 below.
(w) Subsidiary means a subsidiary corporation, whether now or hereafter existing as defined in Section 424(f) of the Code.
(a) At-Will Employment. Neither this Schedule A nor the Option Agreement shall confer upon any Optionee any right with respect to continuing the Optionees relationship as a Service Provider with the Company, nor shall it interfere in any way with his or her right or the Companys right to terminate such relationship at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
3. Term of Option. The term of each Option shall be stated in the Option Agreement; provided, however, that the term shall be no more than ten (10) years from the date of grant thereof.
4. Forms of Consideration. The consideration to be paid for the Shares to be issued upon exercise of an Option, including the method of payment, shall be determined by the Board. Such consideration may consist of, without limitation, (i) cash, (ii) check, (iii) promissory note, (iv) other Shares, provided Shares that were acquired directly from the Company (A) have been owned by the Optionee for more than six (6) months on the date of surrender, and (B) have a Fair Market Value on the date of surrender equal to the aggregate exercise price of the Shares as to which such Option shall be exercised, (v) consideration received by the Company under a cashless exercise program implemented by the Company, or (vi) any combination of the foregoing methods of payment. In making its determination as to the type of consideration to accept, the Board shall consider if acceptance of such consideration may be reasonably expected to benefit the Company.
5. Exercise of Option.
(a) Procedure for Exercise, Rights as a Stockholder. Any Option granted hereunder shall be exercisable according to the terms hereof at such times and under such conditions as determined by the Board and set forth in the Option Agreement. An Option may not be exercised for a fraction of a Share.
An Option shall be deemed exercised when the Company receives (i) written or electronic notice of exercise (in accordance with the Option Agreement) from the person entitled to exercise the Option, and (ii) full payment for the Shares with respect to which the Option is exercised. Full payment may consist of any consideration and method of payment authorized by the Board and permitted by the Option Agreement. Shares issued upon exercise of an Option shall be issued in the name of the Optionee or, if requested by the Optionee, in the name of the Optionee and his or her spouse. Until the Shares are issued (as evidenced by the appropriate entry on the books of the Company or of a duly authorized transfer agent of the Company), no right to vote or receive dividends or any other rights as a stockholder shall exist with respect to the Shares, notwithstanding the exercise of the Option. The Company shall issue (or cause to be issued) such Shares promptly after the Option is exercised. No adjustment will be made for a dividend or other right for which the record date is prior to the date the Shares are issued, except as provided in Section 6 of this Schedule A.
Exercise of an Option in any manner shall result in a decrease in the number of Shares thereafter available for sale under the Option, by the number of Shares as to which the Option is exercised.
(b) Termination of Relationship as a Service Provider. If an Optionee ceases to be a Service Provider. such Optionee may exercise his or her Option within thirty (30) days of termination, or such longer period of time as specified in the Option Agreement, to the extent that the Option is vested on the date of termination (but in no event later than the expiration of the term of the Option as set forth in the Option Agreement). If, on the date of termination, the Optionee is not vested as to his or her entire Option, the Shares covered by the unvested portion of the Option shall revert to the Company. If, after termination, the Optionee does not exercise his or her Option within the time specified by the Company, the Option shall terminate, and the Shares covered by such Option shall revert to the Company.
(c) Disability of Optionee. If an Optionee ceases to be a Service Provider as a result of the Optionees Disability, the Optionee may exercise his or her Option within six (6) months of termination, or such longer period of time as specified in the Option Agreement, to the extent the Option is vested on the date of termination (but in no event later than the expiration of the term of such Option as set forth in the Option Agreement). If, on the date of termination, the Optionee is not vested as to his or her entire Option, the Shares covered by the unvested portion of the Option shall revert to the Company. If, after termination, the Optionee does not exercise his or her Option within the time specified herein, the Option shall terminate, and the Shares covered by such Option shall revert to the Company.
(d) Death of Optionee. If an Optionee dies while a Service Provider, the Option may be exercised within six (6) months following Optionees death, or such longer period of time as specified
in the Option Agreement, to the extent that the Option is vested on the date of death (but in no event later than the expiration of the term of such Option as set forth in the Option Agreement) by the Optionees designated beneficiary, provided such beneficiary has been designated prior to Optionees death in a form acceptable to the Board. If no such beneficiary has been designated by the Optionee, then such Option may be exercised by the personal representative of the Optionees estate or by the person(s) to whom the Option is transferred pursuant to the Optionees will or in accordance with the laws of descent and distribution. If, at the time of death, the Optionee is not vested as to his or her entire Option, the Shares covered by the unvested portion of the Option shall immediately revert to the Company. If the Option is not so exercised within the time specified herein, the Option shall terminate and the Shares covered by such Option shall revert to the Company.
6. Adjustments; Dissolution or Liquidation, Merger or Change in Control.
(a) Adjustments. In the event that any dividend or other distribution (whether in the form of cash, Shares, other securities, or other property), recapitalization, stock split, reverse stock split. reorganization, merger, consolidation, split-up, spin-off, combination, repurchase, or exchange of Shares or other securities of the Company, or other change in the corporate structure of the Company affecting the Shares occurs, the Board, in order to prevent diminution or enlargement of the benefits or potential benefits intended to be made available pursuant to this Schedule A, may (in its sole discretion) adjust the number and class of Shares that may be delivered pursuant to this Schedule A and/or the number, class, and price of Shares covered by each outstanding Option.
(b) Dissolution or Liquidation. In the event of the proposed dissolution or liquidation of the Company, the Company shall notify each Optionee as soon as practicable prior to the effective date of such proposed transaction. To the extent it has not been previously exercised, an Option will terminate immediately prior to the consummation of such proposed action.
(c) Merger or Change in Control. In the event of a merger of the Company with or into another corporation, or a Change in Control, the Option shall be assumed or an equivalent option substituted by the successor corporation or a Parent or Subsidiary of the successor corporation. In the event that the successor corporation in a merger or Change in Control refuses to assume or substitute for the Option, then the Board may determine that the Optionee shall fully vest in and have the right to exercise the Option as to all of the Optioned Stock, including Shares as to which it would not otherwise be vested or exercisable. If the Option becomes fully vested and exercisable in lieu of assumption or substitution in the event of a merger or Change in Control, the Company shall notify the Optionee in writing or electronically that the Option shall be fully exercisable for a period of fifteen (15) days from the date of such notice, and the Option shall terminate upon expiration of such period. For the purposes of this paragraph, the Option shall be considered assumed if, following the merger or Change in Control, the option or right confers the right to purchase or receive, for each Share of Optioned Stock subject to the Option immediately prior to the merger or Change in Control, the consideration (whether stock, cash, or other securities or property) received in the merger or Change in Control by holders of Common Stock for each Share held on the effective date of the transaction (and if holders were offered a choice of consideration, the type of consideration chosen by the holders of a majority of the outstanding Shares); provided, however, that if such consideration received in the merger or Change in Control is not solely common stock of the successor corporation or its Parent, the Company may, with the consent of the successor corporation, provide for the consideration to be received upon the exercise of the Option, for each Share of Optioned Stock subject to the Option, to be solely common stock of the successor corporation or its Parent equal in fair market value to the per share consideration received by holders of common stock in the merger or Change in Control.
7. Time of Granting Options. The date of grant of the Option shall, for all purposes, be the date on which the Board makes the determination granting such Option, or such later date as is determined by the Board. Notice of the determination shall be given to each Service Provider to whom an Option is so granted within a reasonable time after the date of such grant.
8. Conditions Upon Issuance of Shares.
(a) Legal Compliance. Shares shall not be issued pursuant to the exercise of the Option unless the exercise of such Option and the issuance and delivery of such Shares shall comply with Applicable Laws and shall be further subject to the approval of counsel for the Company with respect to such compliance.
(b) Investment Representations. As a condition to the exercise of the Option, the Company may require the person exercising such Option to represent and warrant at the time of any such exercise that the Shares are being purchased only for investment and without any present intention to sell or distribute such Shares if, in the opinion of counsel for the Company, such a representation is required.
9. Inability to Obtain Authority. The inability of the Company to obtain authority from any regulatory body having jurisdiction, which authority is deemed by the Companys counsel to be necessary to the lawful issuance and sale of any Shares hereunder, shall relieve the Company of any liability in respect of the failure to issue or sell such Shares as to which such requisite authority shall not have been obtained.
CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.
260 Littlefield Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
1. Exercise of Option. Effective as of today, the undersigned Fletcher Payne (Optionee) hereby elects to exercise Optionees option (the Option) to purchase shares of the Common Stock (the Shares) of Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (the Company) under and pursuant to the Stock Option Agreement number 428 dated January 22, 2015 (the Option Agreement).
2. Delivery of Payment. Optionee herewith delivers to the Company the full purchase price of the Shares, as set forth in the Option Agreement, and any and all withholding taxes due in connection with the exercise of the Option.
3. Representations of Optionee. Optionee acknowledges that Optionee has received, read and understood the Option Agreement and agrees to abide by and be bound by their terms and conditions.
4. Rights as Stockholder. Until the issuance of the Shares (as evidenced by the appropriate entry on the books of the Company or of a duly authorized transfer agent of the Company), no right to vote or receive dividends or any other rights as a stockholder shall exist with respect to the Optioned Stock, notwithstanding the exercise of the Option. The Shares shall be issued to the Optionee as soon as practicable after the Option is exercised in accordance with the Option Agreement. No adjustment shall be made for a dividend or other right for which the record date is prior to the date of issuance except as provided in Section 6 of Schedule A to the Option Agreement.
5. Companys Right of First Refusal. Before any Shares held by Optionee or any transferee (either being sometimes referred to herein as the Holder) may be sold or otherwise transferred (including transfer by gift or operation of law), the Company or its assignee(s) shall have a right of first refusal to purchase the Shares on the terms and conditions set forth in this Section (the Right of First Refusal).
(a) Notice of Proposed Transfer. The Holder of the Shares shall deliver to the Company a written notice (the Notice) stating: (i) the Holders bona fide intention to sell or otherwise transfer such Shares; (ii) the name of each proposed purchaser or other transferee (Proposed Transferee); (iii) the number of Shares to be transferred to each Proposed Transferee; and (iv) the bona fide cash price or other consideration for which the Holder proposes to transfer the Shares (the Offered Price), and the Holder shall offer the Shares at the Offered Price to the Company or its assignee(s).
(b) Exercise of Right of First Refusal. At any time within thirty (30) days after receipt of the Notice, the Company and/or its assignee(s) may, by giving written notice to the Holder, elect to purchase all, but not less than all, of the Shares proposed to be transferred to any one or more of the Proposed Transferees, at the purchase price determined in accordance with subsection (c) below.
(c) Purchase Price. The purchase price (Purchase Price) for the Shares purchased by the Company or its assignee(s) under this Section shall be the Offered Price. If the Offered Price includes consideration other than cash, the cash equivalent value of the non-cash consideration shall be determined by the Board of Directors of the Company in good faith.
(d) Payment. Payment of the Purchase Price shall be made, at the option of the Company or its assignee(s), in cash (by check), by cancellation of all or a portion of any outstanding indebtedness of the Holder to the Company (or, in the case of repurchase by an assignee, to the assignee), or by any combination thereof within thirty (30) days after receipt of the Notice or in the manner and at the times set forth in the Notice.
(e) Holders Right to Transfer. If all of the Shares proposed in the Notice to be transferred to a given Proposed Transferee are not purchased by the Company and/or its assignee(s) as provided in this Section, then the Holder may sell or otherwise transfer such Shares to that Proposed Transferee at the Offered Price or at a higher price, provided that such sale or other transfer is consummated within 120 days after the date of the Notice, that any such sale or other transfer is effected in accordance with any applicable securities laws and that the Proposed Transferee agrees in writing that the provisions of this Section shall continue to apply to the Shares in the hands of such Proposed Transferee. If the Shares described in the Notice are not transferred to the Proposed Transferee within such period, a new Notice shall be given to the Company, and the Company and/or its assignees shall again be offered the Right of First Refusal before any Shares held by the Holder may be sold or otherwise transferred.
(f) Exception for Certain Family Transfers. Anything to the contrary contained in this Section notwithstanding, the transfer of any or all of the Shares during the Optionees lifetime or on the Optionees death by will or intestacy to the Optionees immediate family or a trust for the benefit of the Optionees immediate family shall be exempt from the provisions of this Section. Immediate Family as used herein shall mean spouse, lineal descendant or antecedent, father, mother, brother or sister. In such case, the transferee or other recipient shall receive and hold the Shares so transferred subject to the provisions of this Section, and there shall be no further transfer of such Shares except in accordance with the terms of this Section.
(g) Termination of Right of First Refusal. The Right of First Refusal shall terminate as to any Shares upon the earlier of (i) the first sale of Common Stock of the Company to the general public, or (ii) a Change in Control in which the successor corporation has equity securities that are publicly traded.
6. Tax Consultation. Optionee understands that Optionee may suffer adverse tax consequences as a result of Optionees purchase or disposition of the Shares. Optionee represents that Optionee has consulted with any tax consultants Optionee deems advisable in connection with the purchase or disposition of the Shares and that Optionee is not relying on the Company for any tax advice.
7. Restrictive Legends and Stop-Transfer Orders.
(a) Legends. Optionee understands and agrees that the Company shall cause the legends set forth below or legends substantially equivalent thereto, to be placed upon any certificate(s) evidencing ownership of the Shares together with any other legends that may be required by the Company or by state or federal securities laws:
THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED HEREBY HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933 (THE ACT) AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED, SOLD OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED, PLEDGED OR HYPOTHECATED UNLESS AND UNTIL REGISTERED UNDER THE ACT OR, IN THE OPINION OF COMPANY COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE ISSUER OF THESE SECURITIES, SUCH OFFER, SALE OR TRANSFER, PLEDGE OR HYPOTHECATION IS IN COMPLIANCE THEREWITH.
THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE ARE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFER AND A RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL HELD BY THE ISSUER OR ITS ASSIGNEE(S) AS SET FORTH IN THE EXERCISE NOTICE BETWEEN
THE ISSUER AND THE ORIGINAL HOLDER OF THESE SHARES, A COPY OF WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED AT THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE OF THE ISSUER. SUCH TRANSFER RESTRICTIONS AND RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL ARE BINDING ON TRANSFEREES OF THESE SHARES.
THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE ARE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFER FOR A PERIOD NOT TO EXCEED 180 DAYS FOLLOWING THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE UNDERWRITTEN PUBLIC OFFERING OF THE COMPANYS SECURITIES AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR OTHERWISE DISPOSED OF BY THE HOLDER WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE COMPANY OR THE MANAGING UNDERWRITER.
(b) Stop-Transfer Notices. Optionee agrees that, in order to ensure compliance with the restrictions referred to herein, the Company may issue appropriate stop transfer instructions to its transfer agent, if any, and that, if the Company transfers its own securities, it may make appropriate notations to the same effect in its own records.
(c) Refusal to Transfer. The Company shall not be required (i) to transfer on its books any Shares that have been sold or otherwise transferred in violation of any of the provisions of this Exercise Notice or (ii) to treat as owner of such Shares or to accord the right to vote or pay dividends to any purchaser or other transferee to whom such Shares shall have been so transferred.
8. Successors and Assigns. The Company may assign any of its rights under this Exercise Notice to single or multiple assignees, and this Exercise Notice shall inure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of the Company. Subject to the restrictions on transfer herein set forth, this Exercise Notice shall be binding upon Optionee and his or her heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
9. Interpretation. Any dispute regarding the interpretation of this Exercise Notice shall be submitted by Optionee or by the Company forthwith to the Board, which shall review such dispute at its next regular meeting. The resolution of such a dispute by the Board shall be final and binding on all parties.
10. Governing Law; Severability. This Exercise Notice is governed by the internal substantive laws, but not the choice of law rules, of California. In the event that any provision hereof becomes or is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or void, this Exercise Notice will continue in full force and effect.
11. Entire Agreement. The Option Agreement is incorporated herein by reference. This Exercise Notice, the Option Agreement and the Investment Representation Statement constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede in their entirety all prior undertakings and agreements of the Company and Optionee with respect to the subject matter hereof, and may not be modified adversely to the Optionees interest except by means of a writing signed by the Company and Optionee.
|Submitted by:||Accepted by:|
|FLETCHER PAYNE||CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.|
260 Littlefield Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
INVESTMENT REPRESENTATION STATEMENT
|CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.|
In connection with the purchase of the above-listed Securities, the undersigned Optionee represents to the Company the following:
(a) Optionee is aware of the Companys business affairs and financial condition and has acquired sufficient information about the Company to reach an informed and knowledgeable decision to acquire the Securities. Optionee is acquiring these Securities for investment for Optionees own account only and not with a view to, or for resale in connection with, any distribution thereof within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Securities Act).
(b) Optionee acknowledges and understands that the Securities constitute restricted securities under the Securities Act and have not been registered under the Securities Act in reliance upon a specific exemption therefrom, which exemption depends upon, among other things, the bona fide nature of Optionees investment intent as expressed herein. In this connection, Optionee understands that, in the view of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the statutory basis for such exemption may be unavailable if Optionees representation was predicated solely upon a present intention to hold these Securities for the minimum capital gains period specified under tax statutes, for a deferred sale, for or until an increase or decrease in the market price of the Securities, or for a period of one year or any other fixed period in the future. Optionee further understands that the Securities must be held indefinitely unless they are subsequently registered under the Securities Act or an exemption from such registration is available. Optionee further acknowledges and understands that the Company is under no obligation to register the Securities. Optionee understands that the certificate evidencing the Securities will be imprinted with any legend required under applicable state securities laws.
(c) Optionee is familiar with the provisions of Rule 701 and Rule 144, each promulgated under the Securities Act, which, in substance, permit limited public resale of restricted securities acquired, directly or indirectly from the issuer thereof, in a non-public offering subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions. Rule 701 provides that if the issuer qualifies under Rule 701 at the time of the grant of the Option to the Optionee, the exercise will be exempt from registration under the Securities Act. In the event the Company becomes subject to the reporting requirements of Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, ninety (90) days thereafter (or such longer period as any market stand-off agreement may require) the Securities exempt under Rule 701 may be resold, subject to the satisfaction of certain of the conditions specified by Rule 144, including: (1) the resale being made through a broker in an unsolicited brokers transaction or in transactions directly with a market maker (as said term is defined under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934); and, in the case of an affiliate, (2) the availability of certain public information about the Company, (3) the amount of Securities being sold during any three month period not exceeding the limitations specified in Rule 144(e), and (4) the timely filing of a Form 144, if applicable.
In the event that the Company does not qualify under Rule 701 at the time of grant of the Option, then the Securities may be resold in certain limited circumstances subject to the provisions of Rule 144, which requires the resale to occur not less than one year after the later of the date the Securities were sold by the Company or the date the Securities were sold by an affiliate of the Company, within the meaning of Rule 144; and, in the case of acquisition of the Securities by an affiliate, or by a non-affiliate who subsequently holds the Securities less than two years, the satisfaction of the conditions set forth in sections (1), (2), (3) and (4) of the paragraph immediately above.
(d) Optionee further understands that in the event all of the applicable requirements of Rule 701 or 144 are not satisfied, registration under the Securities Act, compliance with Regulation A, or some other registration exemption will be required; and that, notwithstanding the fact that Rules 144 and 701 are not exclusive, the Staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission has expressed its opinion that persons proposing to sell private placement securities other than in a registered offering and otherwise than pursuant to Rules 144 or 701 will have a substantial burden of proof in establishing that an exemption from registration is available for such offers or sales, and that such persons and their respective brokers who participate in such transactions do so at their own risk. Optionee understands that no assurances can be given that any such other registration exemption will be available in such event.
|Signature of Optionee:|
CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.
RESTRICTED STOCK PURCHASE AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT is made between Fletcher Payne (the Purchaser) and Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (the Company) or its assignees of rights hereunder as of .
Unless otherwise defined herein, the terms defined in Schedule A of the Option Agreement shall have the same defined meanings in this Agreement.
A. Pursuant to the exercise of the option granted to Purchaser pursuant to the Option Agreement number 428 dated January 22, 2015 by and between the Company and Purchaser with respect to such grant (the Option), which Option Agreement are hereby incorporated by reference, Purchaser has elected to purchase of those shares of Common Stock which have not become vested under the vesting schedule set forth in the Option Agreement (Unvested Shares). The Unvested Shares and the shares subject to the Option Agreement, which have become vested are sometimes collectively referred to herein as the Shares.
B. As required by the Option Agreement, as a condition to Purchasers election to exercise the option, Purchaser must execute this Agreement, which sets forth the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to Shares acquired upon exercise of the Option.
1. Repurchase Option.
(a) If Purchasers status as a Service Provider is terminated for any reason, including for death and Disability, the Company shall have the right and option for ninety (90) days from such date to purchase from Purchaser, or Purchasers personal representative, as the case may be, all of the Purchasers Unvested Shares as of the date of such termination at the price paid by the Purchaser for such Shares (the Repurchase Option).
(b) Upon the occurrence of such termination, the Company may exercise its Repurchase Option by delivering personally or by registered mail, to Purchaser (or his transferee or legal representative, as the case may be) with a copy to the escrow agent described in Section 2 below, a notice in writing indicating the Companys intention to exercise the Repurchase Option AND, at the Companys option, (i) by delivering to the Purchaser (or the Purchasers transferee or legal representative) a check in the amount of the aggregate repurchase price, or (ii) by the Company canceling an amount of the Purchasers indebtedness to the Company equal to the aggregate repurchase price, or (iii) by a combination of (i) and (ii) so that the combined payment and cancellation of indebtedness equals such aggregate repurchase price. Upon delivery of such notice and payment of the aggregate repurchase price in any of the ways described above, the Company shall become the legal and beneficial owner of the Unvested Shares being repurchased and the rights and interests therein or relating thereto, and the Company shall have the right to retain and transfer to its own name the number of Unvested Shares being repurchased by the Company.
(c) Whenever the Company shall have the right to repurchase Unvested Shares hereunder, the Company may designate and assign one or more employees, officers, directors or stockholders of the Company or other persons or organizations to exercise all or a part of the Companys Repurchase Option under this Agreement and purchase all or a part of such Unvested Shares.
(d) If the Company does not elect to exercise the Repurchase Option conferred above by giving the requisite notice within ninety (90) days following the termination, the Repurchase Option shall terminate.
(e) The Repurchase Option shall terminate in accordance with the vesting schedule contained in Purchasers Option Agreement.
2. Transferability of the Shares; Escrow.
(a) Purchaser hereby authorizes and directs the Secretary of the Company, or such other person designated by the Company, to transfer the Unvested Shares as to which the Repurchase Option has been exercised from Purchaser to the Company.
(b) To insure the availability for delivery of Purchasers Unvested Shares upon repurchase by the Company pursuant to the Repurchase Option under Section 1, Purchaser hereby appoints the Secretary, or any other person designated by the Company as escrow agent (the Escrow Agent), as its attorney-in-fact to sell, assign and transfer unto the Company, such Unvested Shares, if any, repurchased by the Company pursuant to the Repurchase Option and shall, upon execution of this Agreement, deliver and deposit with the Escrow Agent, the share certificates representing the Unvested Shares, together with the stock assignment duly endorsed in blank, attached hereto as Exhibit C-2. The Unvested Shares and stock assignment shall be held by the Escrow Agent in escrow, pursuant to the Joint Escrow Instructions of the Company and Purchaser attached as Exhibit C-3 hereto, until the Company exercises its Repurchase Option, until such Unvested Shares are vested, or until such time as this Agreement no longer is in effect. Upon vesting of the Unvested Shares, the Escrow Agent shall promptly deliver to the Purchaser the certificate or certificates representing such Shares in the Escrow Agents possession belonging to the Purchaser, and the Escrow Agent shall be discharged of all further obligations hereunder; provided, however, that the Escrow Agent shall nevertheless retain such certificate or certificates as Escrow Agent if so required pursuant to other restrictions imposed pursuant to this Agreement.
(c) The Company nor the Escrow Agent shall be liable for any act it may do or omit to do with respect to holding the Shares in escrow and while acting in good faith and in the exercise of its judgment.
(d) Transfer or sale of the Shares is subject to restrictions on transfer imposed by any applicable state and federal securities laws. Any transferee shall hold such Shares subject to all the provisions hereof and the Exercise Notice executed by the Purchaser with respect to any Unvested Shares purchased by Purchaser and shall acknowledge the same by signing a copy of this Agreement.
3. Ownership, Voting Rights, Duties. This Agreement shall not affect in any way the ownership, voting rights or other rights or duties of Purchaser, except as specifically provided herein.
4. Legends. The share certificate evidencing the Shares issued hereunder shall be endorsed with the following legend (in addition to any legend required under applicable federal and state securities laws):
THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE ARE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS UPON TRANSFER AND RIGHTS OF REPURCHASE AS SET FORTH IN AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE COMPANY AND THE STOCKHOLDER, A COPY OF WHICH IS ON FILE WITH THE SECRETARY OF THE COMPANY.
5. Adjustment for Stock Split. All references to the number of Shares and the purchase price of the Shares in this Agreement shall be appropriately adjusted to reflect any stock split, stock dividend or other change in the Shares, which may be made by the Company pursuant to Section 6 of Schedule A to the Option Agreement after the date of this Agreement.
6. Notices. Notices required hereunder shall be given in person or by registered mail to the address of Purchaser shown on the records of the Company, and to the Company at their respective principal executive offices.
7. Survival of Terms. This Agreement shall apply to and bind Purchaser and the Company and their respective permitted assignees and transferees, heirs, legatees, executors, administrators and legal successors.
8. Section 83(b) Election. Purchaser hereby acknowledges that he or she has been informed that, with respect to the exercise of an Option for Unvested Shares, an election (the Election) may be filed by the Purchaser with the Internal Revenue Service, within thirty (30) days of the purchase of the exercised Shares, electing pursuant to Section 83(b) of the Code to be taxed currently on any difference between the purchase price of the exercised Shares and their Fair Market Value on the date of purchase. In the case of a Nonstatutory Stock Option, this will result in a recognition of taxable income to the Purchaser on the date of exercise, measured by the excess, if any, of the Fair Market Value of the exercised Shares, at the time the Option is exercised over the purchase price for the exercised Shares. Absent such an Election, taxable income will be measured and recognized by Purchaser at the time or times on which the Companys Repurchase Option lapses. Absent such an Election, alternative minimum taxable income will be measured and recognized by Purchaser at the time or times on which the Companys Repurchase Option lapses. Purchaser is strongly encouraged to seek the advice of his or her own tax consultants in connection with the purchase of the Shares and the advisability of filing of the Election under Section 83(b) of the Code. A form of Election under Section 83(b) is attached hereto as Exhibit C-4 for reference.
PURCHASER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS PURCHASERS SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND NOT THE COMPANYS TO FILE TIMELY THE ELECTION UNDER SECTION 83(b) OF THE CODE, EVEN IF PURCHASER REQUESTS THE COMPANY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE TO MAKE THIS FILING ON PURCHASERS BEHALF.
9. Representations. Purchaser has reviewed with his own tax advisors the federal, state, local and foreign tax consequences of this investment and the transactions contemplated by this Agreement. Purchaser is relying solely on such advisors and not on any statements or representations of the Company or any of its agents. Purchaser understands that he (and not the Company) shall be responsible for his own tax liability that may arise as a result of this investment or the transactions contemplated by this Agreement.
10. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws, but not the choice of law rules, of California.
Purchaser represents that he has read this Agreement and is familiar with its terms and provisions. Purchaser hereby agrees to accept as binding, conclusive and final all decisions or interpretations of the Board upon any questions arising under this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement is deemed made as of the date first set forth above.
|FLETCHER PAYNE||CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.|
|260 Littlefield Avenue|
|South San Francisco, CA 94080|
ASSIGNMENT SEPARATE FROM CERTIFICATE
INSTRUCTIONS: Please do not fill in any blanks other than the signature line. The purpose of this assignment is to enable the Company to exercise its repurchase option, as set forth in the Agreement, without requiring additional signatures on the part of the Purchaser.
FOR VALUE RECEIVED I, Fletcher Payne hereby sell, assign and transfer unto Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (the Company) ( ) shares of the Common Stock of the Company standing in my name of the books of said corporation represented by Certificate No. herewith and do hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint to transfer the said stock on the books of the within named corporation with full power of substitution in the premises.
This Stock Assignment may be used only in accordance with the Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement between the Company and the undersigned dated (the Agreement).
JOINT ESCROW INSTRUCTIONS
Catalyst Biosciences, Inc.
260 Littlefield Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
As Escrow Agent for both Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (the Company), and the undersigned purchaser of stock of the Company (the Purchaser), you are hereby authorized and directed to hold the documents delivered to you pursuant to the terms of that certain Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement (the Agreement) between the Company and the undersigned, in accordance with the following instructions:
1. In the event the Company and/or any assignee of the Company (referred to collectively for convenience herein as the Company) exercises the Companys repurchase option set forth in the Agreement, the Company shall give to Purchaser and you a written notice specifying the number of shares of stock to be purchased, the purchase price, and the time for a closing hereunder at the principal office of the Company. Purchaser and the Company hereby irrevocably authorize and direct you to close the transaction contemplated by such notice in accordance with the terms of said notice.
2. At the closing, you are directed (a) to date the stock assignments necessary for the transfer in question, (b) to fill in the number of shares being transferred, and (c) to deliver the stock assignments, together with the certificate evidencing the shares of stock to be transferred, to the Company or its assignee, against the simultaneous delivery to you of the purchase price (by cash, a check, or some combination thereof) for the number of shares of stock being purchased pursuant to the exercise of the Companys repurchase option.
3. Purchaser irrevocably authorizes the Company to deposit with you any certificates evidencing shares of stock to be held by you hereunder and any additions and substitutions to said shares as defined in the Agreement. Purchaser does hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint you as Purchasers attorney-in-fact and agent for the term of this escrow to execute with respect to such securities all documents necessary or appropriate to make such securities negotiable and to complete any transaction herein contemplated, including but not limited to the filing with any applicable state blue sky authority of any required applications for consent to, or notice of transfer of, the securities. Subject to the provisions of this paragraph 3, Purchaser shall exercise all rights and privileges of a stockholder of the Company while the stock is held by you.
4. Upon written request of the Purchaser, but no more than once per calendar year, unless the Companys repurchase option has been exercised, you will deliver to Purchaser a certificate or certificates representing so many shares of stock as are not then subject to the Companys repurchase option. Within 120 days after cessation of Purchasers continuous employment by or services to the Company, or any parent or subsidiary of the Company, you will deliver to Purchaser a certificate or certificates representing the aggregate number of shares held or issued pursuant to the Agreement and not purchased by the Company or its assignees pursuant to exercise of the Companys repurchase option.
5. If at the time of termination of this escrow you should have in your possession any documents, securities, or other property belonging to Purchaser, you shall deliver all of the same to Purchaser and shall be discharged of all further obligations hereunder.
6. Your duties hereunder may be altered, amended, modified or revoked only by a writing signed by all of the parties hereto.
7. You shall be obligated only for the performance of such duties as are specifically set forth herein and may rely and shall be protected in relying or refraining from acting on any instrument reasonably believed by you to be genuine and to have been signed or presented by the proper party or parties. You shall not be personally liable for any act you may do or omit to do hereunder as Escrow Agent or as attorney-in-fact for Purchaser while acting in good faith, and any act done or omitted by you pursuant to the advice of your own attorneys shall be conclusive evidence of such good faith.
8. You are hereby expressly authorized to disregard any and all warnings given by any of the parties hereto or by any other person or corporation, excepting only orders or process of courts of law and are hereby expressly authorized to comply with and obey orders, judgments or decrees of any court. In case you obey or comply with any such order, judgment or decree, you shall not be liable to any of the parties hereto or to any other person, firm or corporation by reason of such compliance, notwithstanding any such order, judgment or decree being subsequently reversed, modified, annulled, set aside, vacated or found to have been entered without jurisdiction.
9. You shall not be liable in any respect on account of the identity, authorities or rights of the parties executing or delivering or purporting to execute or deliver the Agreement or any documents or papers deposited or called for hereunder.
10. You shall not be liable for the outlawing of any rights under the Statute of Limitations with respect to these Joint Escrow Instructions or any documents deposited with you.
11. You shall be entitled to employ such legal counsel and other experts as you may deem necessary properly to advise you in connection with your obligations hereunder, may rely upon the advice of such counsel, and may pay such counsel reasonable compensation therefor.
12. Your responsibilities as Escrow Agent hereunder shall terminate if you shall cease to be an officer or agent of the Company or if you shall resign by written notice to each party. In the event of any such termination, the Company shall appoint a successor Escrow Agent.
13. If you reasonably require other or further instruments in connection with these Joint Escrow Instructions or obligations in respect hereto, the necessary parties hereto shall join in furnishing such instruments.
14. It is understood and agreed that should any dispute arise with respect to the delivery and/or ownership or right of possession of the securities held by you hereunder, you are authorized and directed to retain in your possession without liability to anyone all or any part of said securities until such disputes shall have been settled either by mutual written agreement of the parties concerned or by a final order, decree or judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction after the time for appeal has expired and no appeal has been perfected, but you shall be under no duty whatsoever to institute or defend any such proceedings.
15. Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing and shall be deemed effectively given upon personal delivery or upon deposit in the United States Post Office, by registered or certified mail with postage and fees prepaid, addressed to each of the other parties thereunto entitled at the following addresses or at such other addresses as a party may designate by ten days advance written notice to each of the other parties hereto.
16. By signing these Joint Escrow Instructions, you become a party hereto only for the purpose of said Joint Escrow Instructions; you do not become a party to the Agreement.
17. This instrument shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto, and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
18. These Joint Escrow Instructions shall be governed by the internal substantive laws, but not the choice of law rules, of California.
|FLETCHER PAYNE||CATALYST BIOSCIENCES, INC.|
ELECTION UNDER SECTION 83(b)
OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE OF 1986
The undersigned taxpayer hereby elects, pursuant to Sections 55 and 83(b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, to include in taxpayers gross income or alternative minimum taxable income, as the case may be, for the current taxable year the amount of any compensation taxable to taxpayer in connection with taxpayers receipt of the property described below
|1.||The name, address, taxpayer identification number and taxable year of the undersigned are as follows:|
|2.||The property with respect to which the election is made is described as follows: shares (the Shares) of the Common Stock of Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (the Company).|
|3.||The date on which the property was transferred is: .|
|4.||The property is subject to the following restrictions:|
The Shares may not be transferred and are subject to forfeiture under the terms of an agreement between the taxpayer and the Company. These restrictions lapse upon the satisfaction of certain conditions contained in such agreement.
|5.||The fair market value at the time of transfer, determined without regard to any restriction other than a restriction which by its terms will never lapse, of such property is: $ .|
|6.||The amount (if any) paid for such property is: $ .|
The undersigned has submitted a copy of this statement to the person for whom the services were performed in connection with the undersigneds receipt of the above-described property. The transferee of such property is the person performing the services in connection with the transfer of said property.
The undersigned understands that the foregoing election may not be revoked except with the consent of the Commissioner.
The undersigned spouse of taxpayer joins in this election.
|Spouse of Taxpayer|