THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED, SOLD, TRANSFERRED, PLEDGED, ASSIGNED, HYPOTHECATED OR OTHERWISE DISPOSED OF EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE ACT, REGULATIONS OR AN EXEMPTION FROM REGISTRATION AND OTHERWISE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE ISSUER AND THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE SECURITIES, A COPY OF WHICH IS ON FILE AT THE PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE ISSUER.
This Warrant is issued in connection with that certain Subscription Agreement (the Subscription Agreement by and among LITHIUM TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, a Delaware corporation (the Company), and (the Investor). Capitalized terms used herein, but not otherwise defined, shall have the meaning given to them in the Subscription Agreement.
THIS CERTIFIES THAT, for value received, or its registered assigns is entitled to purchase from the Company at any time or from time to time during the period specified in Paragraph 2 hereof one-half (1/2) fully paid and nonassessable share of the Companys Common Stock, $.01 par value per share (the Common Stock) for each share of common stock issued upon conversion of the Notes pursuant to the Subscription Agreement (the Notes), at an exercise price per share equal to 135% of the conversion price of the Notes then in effect upon conversion of the Notes from time to time (the Exercise Price).
The term Warrant Shares, as used herein, refers to the shares of Common Stock purchasable hereunder. The Warrant Shares and the Exercise Price are subject to adjustment as provided in Paragraph 4 hereof. This Warrant is subject to the following terms, provisions, and conditions:
1. Manner of Exercise; Issuance of Certificates; Payment for Shares. Subject to the provisions hereof, this Warrant may be exercised by the holder hereof, in whole or in part, by the surrender of this Warrant, together with a completed exercise agreement in the form attached hereto (the Exercise Agreement), to the Company during normal business hours on any business day at the Companys principal executive offices (or such other office or agency of the Company as it may designate by notice to the holder hereof), and upon (i) payment to the Company in cash, by certified or official bank check or by wire transfer for the account of the Company of the Exercise Price for the Warrant Shares specified in the Exercise Agreement or (ii) if the resale of the Warrant Shares by the holder is not then registered pursuant to an effective
registration statement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Securities Act), delivery to the Company of a written notice of an election to effect a Cashless Exercise (as defined in Section 11(c) below) for the Warrant Shares specified in the Exercise Agreement. The Warrant Shares so purchased shall be deemed to be issued to the holder hereof or such holders designee, as the record owner of such shares, as of the close of business on the date on which this Warrant shall have been surrendered, the completed Exercise Agreement shall have been delivered, and payment shall have been made for such shares as set forth above. Certificates for the Warrant Shares so purchased, representing the aggregate number of shares specified in the Exercise Agreement, shall be delivered to the holder hereof within a reasonable time after this Warrant shall have been so exercised. The certificates so delivered shall be in such denominations as may be requested by the holder hereof and shall be registered in the name of such holder or such other name as shall be designated by such holder. If this Warrant shall have been exercised only in part, then, unless this Warrant has expired, the Company shall, at its expense, at the time of delivery of such certificates, deliver to the holder a new Warrant representing the number of shares with respect to which this Warrant shall not then have been exercised.
2. Period of Exercise. This Warrant is exercisable at any time or from time to time on or after the date on which this Warrant is issued and delivered pursuant to the terms of the Subscription Agreement and before 5:00 p.m., New York, New York time on June 1, 2009 (the Exercise Period)
3. Certain Agreements of the Company. The Company hereby covenants and agrees as follows:
(a) Shares to be Fully Paid. All Warrant Shares will, upon issuance in accordance with the terms of this Warrant, be validly issued, fully paid, and nonassessable and free from all taxes, liens, and charges with respect to the issue thereof.
(b) Reservation of Shares. During the Exercise Period, the Company shall at all times have authorized, and reserved for the purpose of issuance upon exercise of this Warrant, a sufficient number of shares of Common Stock to provide for the exercise of this Warrant.
(c) Listing. The Company shall promptly secure the listing of the shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of the Warrant upon each national securities exchange or automated quotation system, if any, upon which shares of Common Stock are then listed (subject to official notice of issuance upon exercise of this Warrant) and shall maintain, so long as any other shares of Common Stock shall be so listed, such listing of all shares of Common Stock from time to time issuable upon the exercise of this Warrant.
(d) Successors and Assigns. This Warrant will be binding upon any entity succeeding to the Company by merger, consolidation, or acquisition of all or substantially all the Companys assets.
4. Adjustment and Antidilution Provisions. On or after the date of issuance of this Warrant, the Warrant Exercise Price and number of shares issuable pursuant to this Warrant shall be subject to adjustment as follows:
(a) In case the Company shall (i) declare a dividend or make a distribution on its outstanding shares of Common Stock in shares of Common Stock, (ii) subdivide or reclassify its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a greater number of shares, or (iii) combine or reclassify its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, the Exercise Price in effect at the time of the record date for such dividend or distribution or of the effective date of such subdivision, combination or reclassification shall be adjusted so that it shall equal the price determined by multiplying the Exercise Price by a fraction, the denominator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding after giving effect to such action, and the numerator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock immediately prior to such action. Such adjustment shall be made each time any event listed above shall occur.
(b) Whenever the Exercise Price payable upon exercise of each Warrant is adjusted pursuant to Subsection (a) above, the number of shares purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant shall simultaneously be adjusted by multiplying the number of shares initially issuable upon exercise of this Warrant by the Exercise Price in effect on the date hereof and dividing the product so obtained by the Exercise Price, as adjusted.
(c) All calculations under this Section 4 shall be made to the nearest cent or to the nearest one-hundredth of a share, as the case may be. Anything in this Section 4 to the contrary notwithstanding, the Company shall be entitled, but shall not be required, to make such changes in the Exercise Price in addition to those required by this Section 4, as it shall determine, in its sole discretion, to be advisable in order that any dividend or distribution in shares of Common Stock, or any subdivision, reclassification or combination of Common Stock, hereafter made by the Corporation shall not result in any Federal Income tax liability to the holders of the Common Stock or securities convertible into Common Stock (including warrant).
(d) Whenever the Exercise Price is adjusted, as herein provided, the Corporation shall promptly cause a notice setting forth the adjusted Exercise Price and adjusted number of shares issuable upon exercise of each Warrant to be mailed to the Holder, at its last address appearing in the Companys Warrant Register. The Company may retain a firm of independent certified public accountants selected by the Board of Directors (who may be the regular accountants employed by the Company) to make any computation required by this Section 4, and a certificate signed by such firm shall be conclusive evidence of the correctness of such adjustment.
5. Issue Tax. The issuance of certificates for Warrant Shares upon the exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the holder of this Warrant or such shares for any issuance tax or other costs in respect thereof, provided that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax which may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the issuance and delivery of any certificate in a name other than the holder of this Warrant.
6. No Rights or Liabilities as a Shareholder. This Warrant shall not entitle the holder hereof to any voting rights or other rights as a shareholder of the Company. No provision of this Warrant, in the absence of affirmative action by the holder hereof to purchase Warrant Shares, and no mere enumeration herein of the rights or privileges of the holder hereof, shall give rise to any liability of such holder for the Exercise Price or as a shareholder of the Company, whether such liability is asserted by the Company or by creditors of the Company.
7. Transfer, Exchange, and Replacement of Warrant.
(a) Restriction on Transfer. This Warrant and the rights granted to the holder hereof are transferable, in whole or in part, upon surrender of this Warrant, together with a properly executed assignment in the form attached hereto, at the office or agency of the Company referred to in Paragraph 7(e) below, provided, however, that any transfer or assignment shall be subject to the conditions set forth in Paragraph 7(f) hereof. Until due presentment for registration of transfer on the books of the Company, the Company may treat the registered holder hereof as the owner and holder hereof for all purposes, and the Company shall not be affected by any notice to the contrary.
(b) Warrant Exchangeable for Different Denominations. This Warrant is exchangeable, upon the surrender hereof by the holder hereof at the office or agency of the Company referred to in Paragraph 7(e) below, for new Warrant of like tenor representing in the aggregate the right to purchase the number of shares of Common Stock which may be purchased hereunder, each of such new Warrant to represent the right to purchase such number of shares as shall be designated by the holder hereof at the time of such surrender.
(c) Replacement of Warrant. Upon receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction, or mutilation of this Warrant and, in the case of any such loss, theft, or destruction, upon delivery of an indemnity agreement reasonably satisfactory in form and amount to the Company, or, in the case of any such mutilation, upon surrender and cancellation of this Warrant, the Company, at its expense, will execute and deliver, in lieu thereof, a new Warrant of like tenor.
(d) Cancellation; Payment of Expenses. Upon the surrender of this Warrant in connection with any transfer, exchange, or replacement as provided in this Paragraph 7, this Warrant shall be promptly canceled by the Company. The Company shall pay all taxes (other than securities transfer taxes) and all other expenses (other than legal expenses, if any, incurred by the holder or transferees) and charges payable in connection with the preparation, execution, and delivery of Warrant pursuant to this Paragraph 7.
(e) Register. The Company shall maintain, at its principal executive offices (or such other office or agency of the Company as it may designate by notice to the holder hereof), a register for this Warrant, in which the Company shall record the name and address of the person in whose name this Warrant has been issued, as well as the name and address of each transferee and each prior owner of this Warrant.
(f) Exercise or Transfer Without Registration. If, at the time of the surrender of this Warrant in connection with any exercise, transfer, or exchange of this Warrant, this Warrant (or, in the case of any exercise, the Warrant Shares issuable hereunder), shall not be registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Securities Act) and under applicable state securities or blue sky laws, the Company may require, as a condition of allowing such exercise, transfer, or exchange, (i) that the holder or transferee of this Warrant, as the case may be, furnish to the Company a written opinion of counsel, which opinion and counsel are acceptable to the Company, to the effect that such exercise, transfer, or exchange may be made without registration under said Act and under applicable state securities or blue sky laws, (ii) that the holder or transferee execute and deliver to the Company an investment letter in form and substance acceptable to the Company and (iii) that the transferee be an accredited investor as defined in Rule 501(a) promulgated under the Securities Act; provided that no such opinion, letter or status as an accredited investor shall be required in connection with a transfer pursuant to Rule 144 under the Securities Act. The first holder of this Warrant, by taking and holding the same, represents to the Company that such holder is acquiring this Warrant for investment and not with a view to the distribution thereof.
8. Registration Rights. The initial holder of this Warrant (and certain assignees thereof) shall have registration rights as set forth in Section 5 of the Subscription Agreement.
9. Notices. All notices, requests, and other communications required or permitted to be given or delivered hereunder to the holder of this Warrant shall be in writing, and shall be personally delivered, or shall be sent by certified or registered mail or by recognized overnight mail courier, postage prepaid and addressed, to such holder at the address shown for such holder on the books of the Company, or at such other address as shall have been furnished to the Company by notice from such holder. All notices, requests, and other communications required or permitted to be given or delivered hereunder to the Company shall be in writing, and shall be personally delivered, or shall be sent by certified or registered mail or by recognized overnight mail courier, postage prepaid and addressed, to the office of the Company at 5115 Campus Drive, Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania 19462, Attention: Chief Financial Officer, or at such other address as shall have been furnished to the holder of this Warrant by notice from the Company. Any such notice, request, or other communication may be sent by facsimile, but shall in such case be subsequently confirmed by a writing personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail or by recognized overnight mail courier as provided above. All notices, requests, and other communications shall be deemed to have been given either at the time of the receipt thereof by the person entitled to receive such notice at the address of such person for purposes of this Paragraph 9, or, if mailed by registered or certified mail or with a recognized overnight mail courier upon deposit with the United States Post Office or such overnight mail courier, if postage is prepaid and the mailing is properly addressed, as the case may be.
10. Governing Law. THIS WARRANT SHALL BE ENFORCED, GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK APPLICABLE TO AGREEMENTS MADE AND TO BE PERFORMED ENTIRELY WITHIN SUCH STATE, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICT OF LAWS. THE PARTIES HERETO HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE UNITED STATES FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK
WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE ARISING UNDER THIS WARRANT, THE AGREEMENTS ENTERED INTO IN CONNECTION HEREWITH OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THEREBY. BOTH PARTIES IRREVOCABLY WAIVE THE DEFENSE OF AN INCONVENIENT FORUM TO THE MAINTENANCE OF SUCH SUIT OR PROCEEDING. BOTH PARTIES FURTHER AGREE THAT SERVICE OF PROCESS UPON A PARTY MAILED BY FIRST CLASS MAIL SHALL BE DEEMED IN EVERY RESPECT EFFECTIVE SERVICE OF PROCESS UPON THE PARTY IN ANY SUCH SUIT OR PROCEEDING. NOTHING HEREIN SHALL AFFECT EITHER PARTYS RIGHT TO SERVE PROCESS IN ANY OTHER MANNER PERMITTED BY LAW. BOTH PARTIES AGREE THAT A FINAL NON-APPEALABLE JUDGMENT IN ANY SUCH SUIT OR PROCEEDING SHALL BE CONCLUSIVE AND MAY BE ENFORCED IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS BY SUIT ON SUCH JUDGMENT OR IN ANY OTHER LAWFUL MANNER. THE PARTY WHICH DOES NOT PREVAIL IN ANY DISPUTE ARISING UNDER THIS WARRANT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS FEES, INCURRED BY THE PREVAILING PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DISPUTE.
(a) Amendments. This Warrant and any provision hereof may only be amended by an instrument in writing signed by the Company and the holder hereof.
(b) Descriptive Headings. The descriptive headings of the several paragraphs of this Warrant are inserted for purposes of reference only, and shall not affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions hereof.
(c) Cashless Exercise. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Warrant, if the resale of the Warrant Shares by the holder is not then registered pursuant to an effective registration statement under the Securities Act, this Warrant may be exercised by presentation and surrender of this Warrant to the Company at its principal executive offices with a written notice of the holders intention to effect a cashless exercise, including a calculation of the number of shares of Common Stock to be issued upon such exercise in accordance with the terms hereof (a Cashless Exercise). In the event of a Cashless Exercise, in lieu of paying the Exercise Price in cash, the holder shall surrender this Warrant for that number of shares of Common Stock determined by multiplying the number of Warrant Shares to which it would otherwise be entitled by a fraction, the numerator of which shall be the difference between the then current Market Price per share of the Common Stock and the Exercise Price, and the denominator of which shall be the then current Market Price per share of Common Stock. For example, if the holder is exercising 100,000 warrant with a per warrant exercise price of $0.75 per share through a cashless exercise when the Common Stocks current Market Price per share is $2.00 per share, then upon such Cashless Exercise the holder will receive 62,500 shares of Common Stock.
(d) Remedies. The Company acknowledges that a breach by it of its obligations hereunder will cause irreparable harm to the holder, by vitiating the intent and purpose of the transaction contemplated hereby. Accordingly, the Company
acknowledges that the remedy at law for a breach of its obligations under this Warrant will be inadequate and agrees, in the event of a breach or threatened breach by the Company of the provisions of this Warrant, that the holder shall be entitled, in addition to all other available remedies at law or in equity, and in addition to the penalties assessable herein, to an injunction or injunctions restraining, preventing or curing any breach of this Warrant and to enforce specifically the terms and provisions thereof, without the necessity of showing economic loss and without any bond or other security being required.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to be signed by its duly authorized officer.
Dated as of , 2005
FORM OF EXERCISE AGREEMENT
Dated: , 200
The undersigned, pursuant to the provisions set forth in the within Warrant, hereby agrees to purchase shares of Common Stock covered by such Warrant, and makes payment herewith in full therefor at the price per share provided by such Warrant in cash or by certified or official bank check in the amount of $ , or, if the resale of such Common Stock by the undersigned is not currently registered pursuant to an effective registration statement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, by surrender of securities issued by the Company (including a portion of the Warrant) having a market value (in the case of a portion of this Warrant, determined in accordance with Section 11(c) of the Warrant) equal to $ . Please issue a certificate or certificates for such shares of Common Stock in the name of and pay any cash for any fractional share to:
The above signature should correspond exactly with the name on the face of the within Warrant, if applicable.
and, if said number of shares of Common Stock shall not be all the shares purchasable under the within Warrant, a new Warrant is to be issued in the name of said undersigned covering the balance of the shares purchasable thereunder less any fraction of a share paid in cash.
FORM OF ASSIGNMENT
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the undersigned hereby sells, assigns, and transfers all the rights of the undersigned under the within Warrant, with respect to the number of shares of Common Stock covered thereby set forth hereinbelow, to:
Name of Assignee
No. of Shares
, and hereby irrevocably constitutes and appoints as agent and attorney-in-fact to transfer said Warrant on the books of the within-named corporation, with full power of substitution in the premises.
Dated: , 200
|In the presence of:|| |
|Title of Signing Officer or Agent (if any):|
|Note:||The above signature should correspond exactly with the name on the face of the within Warrant, if applicable.|