Form for Executives
TALOS ENERGY INC.
PERFORMANCE SHARE UNIT GRANT NOTICE
Pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Talos Energy Inc. Long Term Incentive Plan, as amended from time to time (the Plan), Talos Energy Inc. (the Company) hereby grants to the individual listed below (you or the Participant) the number of performance share units (the PSUs) set forth below. This award of PSUs (this Award) is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Performance Share Unit Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A (the Agreement) and the Plan, each of which is incorporated herein by reference. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Plan.
|Date of Grant:|
|Award Type and Description:|| |
Other Stock-Based Award granted pursuant to Section 6(h) of the Plan. This Award represents the right to receive shares of Stock in an amount up to % of the Target PSUs (defined below), subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Agreement.
Your right to receive settlement of this Award in an amount ranging from % to % of the Target PSUs shall vest and become earned and nonforfeitable upon (i) your satisfaction of the continued employment or service requirements described below under Service Requirement and (ii) the Committees certification of the level of achievement of the Performance Goal (defined below). The portion of the Target PSUs actually earned upon satisfaction of the foregoing requirements is referred to herein as the Earned PSUs.
|Target Number of PSUs:||(the Target PSUs).|
|Performance Period:||(the Performance Period Commencement Date) through (the Performance Period End Date).|
|Service Requirement:||Except as expressly provided in Sections 4 and 5 of the Agreement, you must remain continuously employed by, or continuously provide services to, the Company or an Affiliate, as applicable, from the Date of Grant through the Performance Period End Date to be eligible to receive payment of this Award, which is based on the level of achievement with respect to the Performance Goal (as defined below).|
|Performance Goal:|| |
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Plan, the Agreement and herein, the number of Target PSUs, if any, that become Earned PSUs during the Performance Period will be determined in accordance with the following table:
Percentage of Target
Level of Achievement PSUs Earned
The Performance Goal for the Performance Period is .
|Settlement:||Settlement of the Earned PSUs shall be made solely in shares of Stock, which shall be delivered to you in accordance with Section 6 of the Agreement.|
By your signature below, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Plan, the Agreement and this Performance Share Unit Grant Notice (this Grant Notice). You acknowledge that you have reviewed the Agreement, the Plan and this Grant Notice in their entirety and fully understand all provisions of the Agreement, the Plan and this Grant Notice. You hereby agree to accept as binding, conclusive and final all decisions or interpretations of the Committee regarding any questions or determinations that arise under the Agreement, the Plan or this Grant Notice. This Grant Notice may be executed in one or more counterparts (including portable document format (.pdf) and facsimile counterparts), each of which shall be deemed to be an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same agreement.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Grant Notice to be executed by an officer thereunto duly authorized, and the Participant has executed this Grant Notice, effective for all purposes as provided above.
|TALOS ENERGY INC.|
SIGNATURE PAGE TO
PERFORMANCE SHARE UNIT GRANT NOTICE
PERFORMANCE SHARE UNIT AGREEMENT
This Performance Share Unit Agreement (together with the Grant Notice to which this Agreement is attached, this Agreement) is made as of the Date of Grant set forth in the Grant Notice to which this Agreement is attached by and between Talos Energy Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), and (the Participant). Capitalized terms used but not specifically defined herein shall have the meanings specified in the Plan or the Grant Notice.
1. Definitions. For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms shall have the meanings specified below.
(a) Cause means cause (or a term of like import) as defined under the Companys severance plan covering the Participant or the Participants employment or severance agreement with the Company or an Affiliate or, in the absence of such a plan, agreement that defines cause (or a term of like import), Cause shall mean (i) the Participants material breach of any written agreement between the Participant and the Company or an Affiliate; (ii) the Participants material breach of any law applicable to the workplace or employment relationship, or the Participants material breach of any material policy or code of conduct established by the Company or an Affiliate applicable to the Participant, including the Companys policies on discrimination, harassment and sexual harassment; (iii) the Participants gross negligence, willful misconduct, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, theft or embezzlement on the part of the Participant; (iv) the commission by the Participant of, or conviction or indictment of the Participant for, or plea of nolo contendere by the Participant to, any felony (or state law equivalent) or any crime involving moral turpitude; or (v) the Participants willful failure or refusal, other than due to Disability to performance the Participants obligations or to follow any lawful directive from the Company, as determined by the Company; provided, however, that if the Participants action or omissions as set forth in clause (v) are of such a nature that the Company determines that they are curable by the Participant, such actions or omissions must remain uncured 30 days after the Company provides the Participant written notice of the obligation to cure such actions or omissions.
(b) Disability means disability (or a term of like import) as defined under the Companys severance plan covering the Participant or the Participants employment or severance agreement with the Company or an Affiliate or, in the absence of such a plan or agreement that defines disability (or a term of like import), Disability shall mean the Participant is unable to perform the essential functions of the Participants position (after accounting for reasonable accommodation, if applicable and required by applicable law), due to physical or mental impairment or other incapacity that continues, or can reasonably be expected to continue, for a period in excess of 120 consecutive days or 180 days, whether or not consecutive (or for any longer period as may be required by applicable law), in any 12-month period. The determination of whether the Participant has incurred a Disability shall be made in good faith by the Company.
(c) Good Reason means good reason (or a term of like import) as defined under the Companys severance plan covering the Participant or the Participants employment or severance agreement with the Company or an Affiliate or, in the absence of such a plan or agreement that defines good reason (or a term of like import), Good Reason shall mean (i) a
material diminution in the Participants base salary or authority, duties or responsibilities with the Company or an Affiliate; (ii) a material breach by the Company of any of its obligations under this Agreement; or (iii) the relocation of the geographic location of the Participants principal place of employment by more than 50 miles from the location of the Participants principal place of employment as of the Date of Grant. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any assertion by the Participant of a termination for Good Reason shall not be effective unless all of the following conditions are satisfied: (A) the condition described in foregoing clauses (i), (ii), or (iii) giving rise to the Participants termination of employment must have arisen without the Participants consent; (B) the Participant must provide written notice to the Company of the existence of such condition(s) within 30 days after the initial occurrence of such condition(s); (C) the condition(s) specified in such notice must remain uncorrected for 30 days following the Companys receipt of such written notice; and (D) the date of the termination of the Participants employment must occur within 90 days after the initial occurrence of the condition(s) specified in such notice.
(d) Pro-Rated Amount equals the product of (i) the total number of PSUs, if any, that would have become earned based on achievement of the Performance Goals from the Performance Period Commencement Date through the date of the termination of the Participants employment or service and (ii) a fraction, the numerator of which is equal to the number of days in the Performance Period that elapsed prior to the date of such termination and the denominator of which is equal to the total number of days in the Performance Period.
2. Award. In consideration of the Participants past and/or continued employment with, or service to, the Company or its Affiliates and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, effective as of the Date of Grant set forth in the Grant Notice (the Date of Grant), the Company hereby grants to the Participant the target number of PSUs set forth in the Grant Notice on the terms and conditions set forth in the Grant Notice, this Agreement and the Plan, which is incorporated herein by reference as a part of this Agreement. In the event of any inconsistency between the Plan and this Agreement (including, for the avoidance of doubt, with respect of the subject matter covered in Section 5), the terms of the Plan shall control. To the extent vested, each PSU represents the right to receive one share of Stock, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Grant Notice, this Agreement and the Plan; provided, however, that, depending on the level of performance determined to be attained with respect to the Performance Goal, the number of shares of Stock that may be earned hereunder in respect of this Award may range from % to % of the Target PSUs. Unless and until the PSUs have become vested in the manner set forth in the Grant Notice, the Participant will have no right to receive any Stock or other payments in respect of the PSUs. Prior to settlement of this Award, the PSUs and this Award represent an unsecured obligation of the Company, payable only from the general assets of the Company.
3. Vesting of PSUs. Except as otherwise set forth in Sections 4 and 5, the PSUs shall vest and become Earned PSUs in accordance with the Participants satisfaction of the vesting schedule set forth in the Grant Notice (the Service Requirement) based on the extent to which the Company has satisfied the Performance Goal set forth in the Grant Notice, which shall be determined by the Committee in its sole discretion following the end of the Performance Period (and any PSUs that do not become Earned PSUs shall be automatically forfeited). Unless and until the PSUs have vested and become Earned PSUs as described in the preceding sentence, the Participant will have no right to receive any dividends or other distribution with respect to the PSUs.
4. Effect of Termination of Employment or Service.
(a) Termination of Employment or Service due to Disability or Death. Notwithstanding anything in the Grant Notice, this Agreement or the Plan to the contrary, subject to Section 12, upon the termination of the Participants employment or other service relationship with the Company or an Affiliate due to the Participants Disability or death that occurs prior to the Performance Period End Date, then a number of PSUs equal to the Pro-Rated Amount shall become Earned PSUs and will be settled within 60 days following the date of such termination in accordance with Section 6; provided, however, that such Earned PSUs shall remain subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Grant Notice and this Agreement, including Sections 6 and 8 below. With respect to the remaining portion of the PSUs that have not become Earned PSUs in accordance with the preceding sentence, such PSUs (and all rights arising from such PSUs and from being a holder thereof) will terminate automatically without any further action by the Company and will be forfeited without further notice and at no cost to the Company.
(b) Termination of Employment or Service without Cause or for Good Reason. Notwithstanding anything in the Grant Notice, this Agreement or the Plan to the contrary, subject to Section 12, upon the termination of the Participants employment or other service relationship with the Company or an Affiliate by the Company without Cause or by the Participant for Good Reason, then:
(i) if such termination is within one year following a Change in Control, then a number of PSUs, if any, that would have become earned based on achievement of the Performance Goals from the Performance Period Commencement Date through the date of such Change in Control shall become Earned PSUs and will be settled within 60 days following the date of such termination in accordance with Section 6; provided, however, that such Earned PSUs shall remain subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Grant Notice and this Agreement, including Sections 6 and 8 below; or
(ii) if such termination is prior to a Change in Control or more than one year following a Change in Control, the Participant shall be deemed to have satisfied the Service Requirement with respect to a portion of the PSUs determined by multiplying (i) the Target PSUs by (ii) a fraction, the numerator of which is the number of days that elapsed between the Performance Period Commencement Date and the date of such termination, and the denominator of which is the total number of days in the Performance Period, and such PSUs shall remain outstanding and, subject to the satisfaction of the Performance Goal, become Earned PSUs, which shall be eligible for settlement in accordance with Section 6. With respect to the remaining portion of the PSUs for which the Service Requirement is not deemed to have been satisfied in accordance with the preceding sentence, such PSUs (and all rights arising from such PSUs and from being a holder thereof) will terminate automatically without any further action by the Company and will be forfeited without further notice and at no cost to the Company.
(c) Other Termination of Employment or Service. Except as otherwise provided in Section 4(a) or Section 4(b), if the Participant has not satisfied the Service Requirement, then upon the termination of the Participants employment or other service relationship with the Company or an Affiliate for any reason, any unearned PSUs (and all rights arising from such PSUs and from being a holder thereof) will terminate automatically without any further action by the Company and will be forfeited without further notice and at no cost to the Company.
5. Dividend Equivalents. In the event that the Company declares and pays a dividend in respect of its outstanding shares of Stock and, on the record date for such dividend, the Participant holds PSUs granted pursuant to this Agreement that have not been settled, the Company shall record the amount of such dividend in a bookkeeping account and pay to the Participant an amount in cash equal to the cash dividends the Participant would have received if the Participant was the holder of record, as of such record date, of a number of shares of Stock equal to the number of PSUs held by the Participant that have not been settled as of such record date, such payment to be made on the date on which any Earned PSUs are settled in accordance with Section 6. For purposes of clarity, if the PSUs (or any portion thereof) are forfeited by the Participant pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, then the Participant shall also forfeit the Dividend Equivalents, if any, accrued with respect to such forfeited PSUs. No interest will accrue on the Dividend Equivalents between the declaration and payment of the applicable dividends and the settlement of the Dividend Equivalents.
6. Settlement of PSUs. As soon as administratively practicable following the Committees certification of the level of attainment of the Performance Goal, but in no event later than March 15 of the calendar year following the Performance Period End Date, the Company shall deliver to the Participant (or the Participants permitted transferee, if applicable), a number of shares of Stock equal to the number of Earned PSUs; provided, however, that any fractional PSU that becomes earned hereunder shall be rounded down at the time shares of Stock are issued in settlement of such PSU. No fractional shares of Stock, nor the cash value of any fractional shares of Stock, shall be issuable or payable to the Participant pursuant to this Agreement. All shares of Stock, if any, issued hereunder shall be delivered either by delivering one or more certificates for such shares to the Participant or by entering such shares in book-entry form, as determined by the Committee in its sole discretion. The value of shares of Stock shall not bear any interest owing to the passage of time. Neither this Section 6 nor any action taken pursuant to or in accordance with this Agreement shall be construed to create a trust or a funded or secured obligation of any kind.
7. Tax Withholding. To the extent that the receipt, vesting or settlement of this Award results in compensation income or wages to the Participant for federal, state, local and/or foreign tax purposes, the Participant shall make arrangements satisfactory to the Company for the satisfaction of obligations for the payment of withholding taxes and other tax obligations relating to this Award, which arrangements include the delivery of cash or cash equivalents, Stock (including previously owned Stock, net settlement, a broker-assisted sale, or other cashless withholding or reduction of the amount of shares otherwise issuable or delivered pursuant to this Award), other property, or any other legal consideration the Committee deems appropriate. If such tax obligations are satisfied through net settlement or the surrender of previously owned Stock, the maximum number of shares of Stock that may be so withheld (or surrendered) shall be the number of shares of Stock that have an aggregate Fair Market Value on the date of withholding or surrender equal to the aggregate amount of such tax liabilities determined based on the greatest withholding rates for federal, state, local and/or foreign tax purposes, including payroll taxes, that may be utilized without creating adverse accounting treatment for the Company with respect to this
Award, as determined by the Committee. The Participant acknowledges that there may be adverse tax consequences upon the receipt, vesting or settlement of this Award or disposition of the underlying shares and that the Participant has been advised, and hereby is advised, to consult a tax advisor. The Participant represents that the Participant is in no manner relying on the Board, the Committee, the Company or an Affiliate or any of their respective managers, directors, officers, employees or authorized representatives (including, without limitation, attorneys, accountants, consultants, bankers, lenders, prospective lenders and financial representatives) for tax advice or an assessment of such tax consequences.
8. Non-Transferability. During the lifetime of the Participant, the PSUs may not be sold, pledged, assigned or transferred in any manner other than by will or the laws of descent and distribution, unless and until the shares of Stock underlying the PSUs have been issued, and all restrictions applicable to such shares have lapsed. Neither the PSUs nor any interest or right therein shall be liable for the debts, contracts or engagements of the Participant or his or her successors in interest or shall be subject to disposition by transfer, alienation, anticipation, pledge, encumbrance, assignment or any other means, whether such disposition be voluntary or involuntary or by operation of law by judgment, levy, attachment, garnishment or any other legal or equitable proceedings (including bankruptcy), and any attempted disposition thereof shall be null and void and of no effect, except to the extent that such disposition is permitted by the preceding sentence.
9. Compliance with Applicable Law. Notwithstanding any provision of this Agreement to the contrary, the issuance of shares of Stock hereunder will be subject to compliance with all applicable requirements of applicable law with respect to such securities and with the requirements of any stock exchange or market system upon which the Stock may then be listed. No shares of Stock will be issued hereunder if such issuance would constitute a violation of any applicable law or regulation or the requirements of any stock exchange or market system upon which the Stock may then be listed. In addition, shares of Stock will not be issued hereunder unless (a) a registration statement under the Securities Act is in effect at the time of such issuance with respect to the shares to be issued or (b) in the opinion of legal counsel to the Company, the shares to be issued are permitted to be issued in accordance with the terms of an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. The inability of the Company to obtain from any regulatory body having jurisdiction the authority, if any, deemed by the Companys legal counsel to be necessary for the lawful issuance and sale of any shares of Stock hereunder will relieve the Company of any liability in respect of the failure to issue such shares as to which such requisite authority has not been obtained. As a condition to any issuance of Stock hereunder, the Company may require the Participant to satisfy any requirements that may be necessary or appropriate to evidence compliance with any applicable law or regulation and to make any representation or warranty with respect to such compliance as may be requested by the Company.
10. Legends. If a stock certificate is issued with respect to shares of Stock issued hereunder, such certificate shall bear such legend or legends as the Committee deems appropriate in order to reflect the restrictions set forth in this Agreement and to ensure compliance with the terms and provisions of this Agreement, the rules, regulations and other requirements of the SEC, any applicable laws or the requirements of any stock exchange on which the Stock is then listed. If the shares of Stock issued hereunder are held in book-entry form, then such entry will reflect that the shares are subject to the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
11. Rights as a Stockholder. The Participant shall have no rights as a stockholder of the Company with respect to any shares of Stock that may become deliverable hereunder unless and until the Participant has become the holder of record of such shares of Stock, and no adjustments shall be made for dividends in cash or other property, distributions or other rights in respect of any such shares of Stock, except as otherwise specifically provided for in the Plan or this Agreement.
12. Execution of Receipts and Releases. Any issuance or transfer of shares of Stock or other property to the Participant or the Participants legal representative, heir, legatee or distributee, in accordance with this Agreement shall be in full satisfaction of all claims of such Person hereunder. As a condition precedent to such payment or issuance, the Company may require the Participant or the Participants legal representative, heir, legatee or distributee to execute (and not revoke within any time provided to do so) a release and receipt therefor in such form as it shall determine appropriate; provided, however, that any review period under such release will not modify the date of settlement with respect to Earned PSUs.
13. No Right to Continued Employment, Service or Awards. Nothing in the adoption of the Plan, nor the award of the PSUs thereunder pursuant to the Grant Notice and this Agreement, shall confer upon the Participant the right to continued employment by, or a continued service relationship with, the Company or any Affiliate, or any other entity, or affect in any way the right of the Company or any such Affiliate, or any other entity to terminate such employment or other service relationship at any time. The grant of the PSUs is a one-time benefit and does not create any contractual or other right to receive a grant of Awards or benefits in lieu of Awards in the future. Any future Awards will be granted at the sole discretion of the Company.
14. Legal and Equitable Remedies. The Participant acknowledges that a violation or attempted breach of any of the Participants covenants and agreements in this Agreement will cause such damage as will be irreparable, the exact amount of which would be difficult to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law, and accordingly, the parties hereto agree that the Company and its Affiliates shall be entitled as a matter of right to an injunction issued by any court of competent jurisdiction, restraining the Participant or the affiliates, partners or agents of the Participant from such breach or attempted violation of such covenants and agreements, as well as to recover from the Participant any and all costs and expenses sustained or incurred by the Company or any Affiliate in obtaining such an injunction, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys fees. The parties to this Agreement agree that no bond or other security shall be required in connection with such injunction. Any exercise by either of the parties to this Agreement of its rights pursuant to this Section 14 shall be cumulative and in addition to any other remedies to which such party may be entitled.
15. Notices. All notices and other communications under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the parties at the following addresses (or at such other address for a party as shall be specified by like notice):
If to the Company, unless otherwise designated by the Company in a written notice to the Participant (or other holder):
Talos Energy Inc.
Attn: Executive Vice President and General Counsel
333 Clay St., Suite 3300
Houston, Texas 77002
If to the Participant, at the Participants last known address on filed with the Company.
Any notice that is delivered personally or by overnight courier or telecopier in the manner provided herein shall be deemed to have been duly given to the Participant when it is mailed by the Company or, if such notice is not mailed to the Participant, upon receipt by the Participant. Any notice that is addressed and mailed in the manner herein provided shall be conclusively presumed to have been given to the party to whom it is addressed at the close of business, local time of the recipient, on the fourth day after the day it is so placed in the mail.
16. Consent to Electronic Delivery; Electronic Signature. In lieu of receiving documents in paper format, the Participant agrees, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to accept electronic delivery of any documents that the Company may be required to deliver (including, but not limited to, prospectuses, prospectus supplements, grant or award notifications and agreements, account statements, annual and quarterly reports and all other forms of communications) in connection with this and any other Award made or offered by the Company. Electronic delivery may be via a Company electronic mail system or by reference to a location on a Company intranet to which the Participant has access. The Participant hereby consents to any and all procedures the Company has established or may establish for an electronic signature system for delivery and acceptance of any such documents that the Company may be required to deliver, and agrees that his or her electronic signature is the same as, and shall have the same force and effect as, his or her manual signature.
17. Agreement to Furnish Information. The Participant agrees to furnish to the Company all information requested by the Company to enable it to comply with any reporting or other requirement imposed upon the Company by or under any applicable statute or regulation.
18. Entire Agreement; Amendment. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof, and contains all the covenants, promises, representations, warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the PSUs granted hereby; provided¸ however, that the terms of this Agreement shall not modify and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of any employment, consulting and/or severance agreement between the Company (or an Affiliate or other entity) and the Participant in effect as of the date a determination is to be made under this Agreement. Without limiting the scope of the preceding sentence, except as provided therein, all prior understandings and agreements, if any, among the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof are hereby null and void and of no further force and effect. The Committee may, in its sole discretion, amend this Agreement from time to time in any manner that is not inconsistent with the Plan; provided, however, that except as otherwise provided in the Plan or this Agreement, any such amendment that materially reduces the rights of the Participant shall be effective only if it is in writing and signed by both the Participant and an authorized officer of the Company.
19. Severability and Waiver. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, then the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Waiver by any party of any breach of this Agreement or failure to exercise any right hereunder shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any other breach or right. The failure of any party to take action by reason of such breach or to exercise any such right shall not deprive the party of the right to take action at any time while or after such breach or condition giving rise to such rights continues.
20. Clawback. Notwithstanding any provision in the Grant Notice, this Agreement or the Plan to the contrary, to the extent required by (a) applicable law, including, without limitation, the requirements of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, any SEC rule or any applicable securities exchange listing standards and/or (b) any policy that may be adopted or amended by the Board from time to time, all shares of Stock issued hereunder shall be subject to forfeiture, repurchase, recoupment and/or cancellation to the extent necessary to comply with such law(s) and/or policy.
21. Governing Law. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND TO BE PERFORMED THEREIN, EXCLUSIVE OF THE CONFLICT OF LAWS PROVISIONS OF DELAWARE LAW.
22. Successors and Assigns. The Company may assign any of its rights under this Agreement without the Participants consent. This Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of the Company. Subject to the restrictions on transfer set forth herein and in the Plan, this Agreement will be binding upon the Participant and the Participants beneficiaries, executors, administrators and the Person(s) to whom the PSUs may be transferred by will or the laws of descent or distribution.
23. Headings. Headings are for convenience only and are not deemed to be part of this Agreement.
24. Counterparts. The Grant Notice may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which together shall constitute one instrument. Delivery of an executed counterpart of the Grant Notice by facsimile or portable document format (.pdf) attachment to electronic mail shall be effective as delivery of a manually executed counterpart of the Grant Notice.
25. Section 409A. Notwithstanding anything herein or in the Plan to the contrary, the PSUs granted pursuant to this Agreement are intended to be exempt from the applicable requirements of the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules and shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with such intent. Nevertheless, to the extent that the Committee determines that the PSUs may not be exempt from the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, then, if the Participant is deemed to be a specified employee within the meaning of the
Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, as determined by the Committee, at a time when the Participant becomes eligible for settlement of the PSUs upon his separation from service within the meaning of the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, then to the extent necessary to prevent any accelerated or additional tax under the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, such settlement will be delayed until the earlier of: (a) the date that is six months following the Participants separation from service and (b) the Participants death. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company and its Affiliates make no representations that the PSUs provided under this Agreement are exempt from or compliant with the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules and in no event shall the Company or any Affiliate be liable for all or any portion of any taxes, penalties, interest or other expenses that may be incurred by the Participant on account of non-compliance with the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules.
PERFORMANCE GOAL FOR PERFORMANCE SHARE UNITS